Highlighted

Layers reverting to previous settings

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 latest patches

i7, 32gb ram, GTX2080

Hi all, having a weird issue with the new PS I was hoping for some input on. I've imported a photo which sits as the background layer, I then use the clone stamp to remove artifacts I don't want in the photo (such as a stray hair in this case). I then add a colour base (Hill Country from Greater than Gatsby) and it will put the stray hair back in the photo despite it being cloned out of the previous layer. I delete the colour base layer, then only the background layer remains... and the hair is gone.

I've also tried with a duplicate layer to see if it makes any difference and the same thing occurs. Background and duplicate have no stray hair... add a colourbase and it adds the stray hair back.

This has only been happening since the last update to PS, previously it was working correctly. Any idea what could be causing this? It seems the colour base layer is taking what was initially there, before edits, and adding it all back in. Is this a known bug I may have missed?

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Layers reverting to previous settings

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 latest patches

i7, 32gb ram, GTX2080

Hi all, having a weird issue with the new PS I was hoping for some input on. I've imported a photo which sits as the background layer, I then use the clone stamp to remove artifacts I don't want in the photo (such as a stray hair in this case). I then add a colour base (Hill Country from Greater than Gatsby) and it will put the stray hair back in the photo despite it being cloned out of the previous layer. I delete the colour base layer, then only the background layer remains... and the hair is gone.

I've also tried with a duplicate layer to see if it makes any difference and the same thing occurs. Background and duplicate have no stray hair... add a colourbase and it adds the stray hair back.

This has only been happening since the last update to PS, previously it was working correctly. Any idea what could be causing this? It seems the colour base layer is taking what was initially there, before edits, and adding it all back in. Is this a known bug I may have missed?

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add, I've rolled back to 21.2.4 and the issue is gone, so this must be related to the newer version of PS unfortunately 

Also, just to add, the speed difference between 21.2.4 and 20.0.1 is absolutely massive. 21.2.4 is blazingly fast.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2020 0