• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

🖥 Learn Photoshop workflows and features: Live April 5, 2021 - Submit your topics now!

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blues Livestream.jpg

 

Learn more about Photoshop workflows and features

Watch, chat, and learn
Mark your calendar for Monday, April 5th, at 5 pm PST to join Chana Messer, Myra Ferguson, and Theresa Jackson live on Behance. Watch the livestream and join the chat to talk with other creators as you learn about new Photoshop workflows and features.

Join the Livestream!

After the Livestream, continue to discuss the topics.

Call for topics

Do you have Photoshop workflow questions?  Are you looking for help using certain Photoshop features?
Let us know what topics you would like to see discussed during the Photoshop Livestream event. Three of our experts from the Adobe Community Professionals (ACP) program will discuss the most requested questions based on your feedback. Simply comment on this post to let us know what areas you would like to learn, and then check back on April 5th for a link to the event. Be sure to attach any relevant images or files that relate to your requested workflow. We look forward to seeing you there!

Meet the presenters

Chana Messer

Chana has been teaching at the university level for 30+ years in the fields of Fine Art and Digital Imaging. She currently teaches at the USC Annenberg School of Communication and School of Cinematic Arts. In Addition to lecturing, Chana is a contributor to various platforms as a writer and tech editor and has been invited by Adobe to present at events such as MacWorld, AIGA, HOW,  Adobe MAX, and other events in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Portland, Chicago, New York, and Tel Aviv. She is an Adobe Subject Matter Expert, Adobe Certified Instructor, Adobe Education Leader, Adobe Community Professional, and an Adobe User Group Manager. Chana is also the owner of  Mac in Art, a boutique design company in Los Angeles, where she is an exhibiting artist

https://www.behance.net/chanaart

Myra Ferguson

Myra Ferguson provides digital media training as an author, instructor at the University of Colorado Boulder, in5 learning consultant, and trainer. Myra has spoken at Adobe conferences, CreativePro Live, and Pluralsight LIVE. She is an Adobe Subject Matter Expert, Adobe Certified Instructor, Adobe Community Professional, and Adobe User Group Manager. Myra holds a Bachelor of Journalism in Advertising from the University of Missouri School of Journalism and a Master of Arts in Design with Digital Media from the College of Human Environmental Sciences.

Theresa Jackson

Theresa Jackson is a graphic arts and photography industry leader. She teaches workshops, speaks at industry conferences, and represents Adobe as an Adobe Community Professional and an Adobe Education Leader. Theresa is also a LinkedIn Learning instructor with courses in Lightroom, Lightroom Classic, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Dimension. She has two Photoshop Guru awards from Photoshop World in the Artistic Category.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I often create web assets for my employer and use actions extensively to automate my workflow. I would like to improve my workflow with scripts to further automate some of the steps. For example, I have an action set I created that can resize/crop a 2-pg spread into left/right pages for 3 book sizes and save them into 10 specific folder locations. 

I then use batch rename in Bridge to rename the files in each of the folders to change part of the file name to something else for each of the folders. i.e. name-spread copy.jpg is renamed to:

• name-left.jpg  (folder 2)
  • name-right.jpg in (folder 3)
  • name_thumb.jpg in (folder 4)

Once I've renamed them, I can then package them up for uploading to the web in folders

• Size7
  • Size8
  • Size9

I would love to be able to write a scipt to run my action and automatically rename and place the files in final destination folders instead of having the batch rename them and move them manually for 10 folders. 

Also, it takes a bit of work to set up my action on another desktop because the "Save" steps are hard-coded to save in a specific location.

I'm not a developer so I would love to see a javascript training course specifically tailored for writing scripts for Adobe applications. I've been slowly attempting to learn on my own but Adobe doesn't make it easy as they no longer support the ExtendScript app. I've been trying to set up and learn Visual Studio Code editor and downloaded the ExtendScript debugger extension.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your input, we will add your topic to the agenda. We will cover as many topics during the Livestream as we can in the time allocated and then we will continue the discussion on the community. Be sure to check back later to get the URL for the Livestream!

Pattie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop feature request: customize the order of formats in save dialog

It would be great to give Photoshop users the option to customize the order is which file formats are displayed in save dialog window, so that regularly used formats would be at the top? Like Tiff first, then JPEG.

How many times have we all laboriously scolled down to the Tiff or another file type only to accidentally slide past and end up with a Targa? Mulitply the cost of time by the number of users worldwide, and the number of times it occurs daily. It boggles the mind how much time must be lost yearly.

Or is there a work around?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your input. Since we will be discussing existing features on the Livestream rather than new requests, it would be great if you could go to https://feedback.photoshop.com/ to post any feature requests or ideas you have. Simply click on the "New Post" button on the right side of the screen to get started.

We will cover as many suggested topics during the Livestream as we can in the time allocated and then we will continue the discussion on the community. Be sure to check back later to get the URL for the Livestream!

Pattie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wondering if there is a way to save the transformation actions I do as a preset? 

I have the same size file each time, and apply it to 'wrap' around a box, showing 4 different views.

- skew & scale one side

- apply transformation

- select other side, skew & scale

- apply 2nd transformation

The box and image size stays the same, but the images I am showing as options change.

Not hard, just tedious & repetitive.

Is there a smarter/quicker way to do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your input, we will add your topic to the agenda. We will cover as many topics during the Livestream as we can in the time allocated and then we will continue the discussion on the community. Be sure to check back later to get the URL for the Livestream!

Pattie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi (;

I would know about the new workflow to:

- frequencies separation

- workflow Lightroom > Photoshop

- New features and workflow to work with smart objects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pattie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

URL?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @XMPie Scott, here's the link to the stream: https://www.behance.net/videos/7d3228e1-ec28-4d2d-a556-3a547a5ac6bd/Learn-Photoshop-workflows-and-fe... 

Melissa Rios, Product Manager, Community Experiences & Platforms | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the information shared by the author is very insighfull. for begginers it will be very helpfull. looking forward to see more information like this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please no contact information on posts

thank you

jonathan

-moderator-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines