Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Learning Adobe - CS vs CC

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, 

I've just bought a adobe bundle course (not through adobe though) and wondered if there was any point in learning the old CS stuff. The course includes CS3-6 on photoshop, illustrator, indesign among many others, but as they're old versions, wondered if I would be wasting my time? Or is it useful to start with them for the foundations? 

Cheers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

Hi

Take a look at Linkedin Learning you can get a 1 month free trial, there's also the Classroom in a Book series

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends how adaptable you are, I think. If you can look through a study and take away the ideas, then search for the tools to make it happen and find how they are different; if a journey of discovery sounds fun or your usual way of learning, this may be fine. If you want to learn things by "where to click and what to choose" this is going to be a frustrating and painful exercise, probably not worth the trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I need a mixture of the 2 methods to be honest. I'm a complete beginner but want to be able to use the different Adobe products effectively to persue a career in graphic design and marketing. So I'll need some step by step guidence on where to click to achieve a process in the most effective and time efficient way as well as experimenting with things myself. Thanks for the help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Take a look at Linkedin Learning you can get a 1 month free trial, there's also the Classroom in a Book series

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Ged. Start with Photoshop 2020 Essential Training: The Basics by Julieanne Kost on LinkedIn Learning, then go through Classroom in a Book. If you get stuck with either course, start a new thread and ask here. Be sure to include a page number or which video you are watching with your question.

BF44FDC0-B7B3-4ECA-B178-FB069E7FE773.jpeg

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd also advise looking at lessons that are closer , if not the same version as you will be using. LinkedIn Learning is generally good, not simply techical but also application for specific purposes.

The Adobe help site has some good basic Photoshop tutorials to guide some foundation technocal elements:

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/photoshop/get-started.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My suggestion is, to begin with, tutorials that address current or recent versions as they are built on previous versions. I'd hate to see someone learn a specific method and then realize the tools or processes have changed, which would negatively impact your learning process.

just my two cents

warmly/j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone for your help. I think I'll give LinkedIn learning a look and go from there ☺ I've also joined the Adobe Max conference in October so hopefully that will help a lot too. Cheers again! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A waste of time & money. No reputable school or company should still be still teaching Creative Suite courses.  CS is discontinued and unsupported.  The last release version came out in 2012 and Adobe stopped selling it in 2017. 

Learn Photoshop CC on LinkedIn Learning or quality YouTube channels like PHLEARN, Photoshop Training Channel and piXImperfect.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is best to start with training materials for the version you will be using (where possible), as there have been thousands of important updates since CS6 in 2012 that you would likely find it confusing to try to adapt old/dated lessons to the new/latest tools...

In addition to video training, there are also dozens of free Adobe books you can download that will help you get started in the current versions of Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, After Effects, Animate, XD, and more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @ProDesignTools,

Thanks for these links — I didn't know you had these books!

Cheers,

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines