• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Legacy custom shapes in Photoshop 2020

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone know how to get to the legacy custom shapes? I don't really need a silhouette of a gorilla, but some of those geometric shapes and word bubbles were things I used all the time and now they seem to be gone. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

If you go Window>Shapes you can load the Legacy Shapes and More.

ws.png

sha.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Thank you so much Jeff, although it took me a minute to realise you meant the 'Window' menu on the toolbar.  I'm sure I'm not alone here.  I kept opening the shape menu on the 'Custom Shape' toolbar.  See screenshot folks, just in case!!  We're all in a hurry these days so it slipped past me too the first time.  FYI its happing for the Brushes too but same solution!Jeff: Windows>Shapes>Restore Legacy or BrushesJeff: Windows>Shapes>Restore Legacy or Brushes

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go Window>Shapes you can load the Legacy Shapes and More.

ws.png

sha.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have this as an option on my version of PS (v21.0.1). When I clicked "Restore Default Shapes...." it just doubled the folders "Leaf Trees, Wild Animals, Boats, Flowers". I also can't find a download or import of the legacy shapes... any suggestions?

Screenshot (2).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes go to Window>Shapes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue.  I doubled them... I am trying to follow your steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Abuse removed by moderator] I cant find the bar for the widows, files and fill options on the top. I can't save my imagesThere are many, many people having trouble finding this EVEN after following the so called instructions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gabe you friendless wonder, it obviously is an incomplete answer. Don't be a tool. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason one poster had problems  is because he did not have the latest minor update with the "legacy shape" menu option.

So "check for updates" is a tad more helpful.

Flaming others for "not following directions" isn't and in fact is rude. That's just a Moderator's opinion. šŸ˜‰

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If only you started with that markedup screenshot instead of your condescending remarks to me and other posters here, this discussion would have ended long ago. Work on your forum manners.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is the case because you are not in the shapes panel, but in the option bar, and you did not select the legacy shapes, but restore default shapes option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2020 Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having thesame problem!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the Windows -- Shapes BUT "legacy shapes" only loads the trees and animals again. Where are the usual arrows and bubbles and frames, etc.?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you load Legacy Shapes and More, click on All Legacy Default Shapes.

lg.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you Jeff, I finally found it.. wow.  For others looking, it is important to use the Windows Menu and Shapes; it doesn't show up in the Shapes panel for the tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks all , faced the same problem. And Adobe support asked me to reinstall PS or to copy the shapes from the older PS version in to the 2020 . Strange 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lynette, you mean it is important that you use the shapes panel that you get from the menu Windows>Shapes, and NOT the drop down visible in the option bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  That worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the same. This is the stupidist thing to have to go through. Adobe can be so counter productive!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I made a feature request about this very issue, please vote and explain how baffled you were not to find the option where you expected to find it in this discussion: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-ideas/add-legacy-shapes-patterns-gradients-swatch...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for this! How to find these shapes is definitely not intuitive. I called Adobe support and they weren't helpful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any suggestions for the Mac version of Photoshop CC 2020? I still have the application support files for CC2019, so I suspect the shapes will be somewhere in there but some help on the folder location would be most useful if anyone can point me in the correct direction. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly the location for custom shapes in PS CC 2019, which I found under Applications/Adobe Photoshop 2019/Presets is empty, so must have been deleted during the update to 2020. Removing the sensible custom shapes like arrows and replacing them with things like flowers and trees seems a retrograde step for professional photographers. I downloaded a free set of custom arrow shapes from https://www.brusheezy.com/shapes/49547-abundant-arrow-shapes-pack and then used the import custom shapes tool (in the "cog" toolbox when you open the custom shapes tool) to import the csh arrows shapes library file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 2019 Shapes are in the Legacy Shapes and More folder, but go to Window > Shapes and load that folder from the Panel menu if you don't see it.

Shapes.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not in Mac OS 15.2 (Catalina)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines