Highlighted

Legacy custom shapes in Photoshop 2020

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone know how to get to the legacy custom shapes? I don't really need a silhouette of a gorilla, but some of those geometric shapes and word bubbles were things I used all the time and now they seem to be gone. Thanks!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jeff Arola | Adobe Community Professional

If you go Window>Shapes you can load the Legacy Shapes and More.

ws.png

sha.png

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Legacy custom shapes in Photoshop 2020

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone know how to get to the legacy custom shapes? I don't really need a silhouette of a gorilla, but some of those geometric shapes and word bubbles were things I used all the time and now they seem to be gone. Thanks!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jeff Arola | Adobe Community Professional

ws.png

sha.png

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 09, 2019 19
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ws.png

sha.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2019 8
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have this as an option on my version of PS (v21.0.1). When I clicked "Restore Default Shapes...." it just doubled the folders "Leaf Trees, Wild Animals, Boats, Flowers". I also can't find a download or import of the legacy shapes... any suggestions?

Screenshot (2).png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 29, 2019 2
Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes go to Window>Shapes

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 29, 2019 3
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue.  I doubled them... I am trying to follow your steps.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 01, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, don't be a bonehead. There are many, many people having trouble finding this EVEN after following the so called instructions. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 22, 2020 2
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gabe you friendless wonder, it obviously is an incomplete answer. Don't be a tool. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 05, 2020 1
Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason one poster had problems  is because he did not have the latest minor update with the "legacy shape" menu option.

So "check for updates" is a tad more helpful.

Flaming others for "not following directions" isn't and in fact is rude. That's just a Moderator's opinion. 😉

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 05, 2020 1
Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If only you started with that markedup screenshot instead of your condescending remarks to me and other posters here, this discussion would have ended long ago. Work on your forum manners.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 05, 2020 2
Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is the case because you are not in the shapes panel, but in the option bar, and you did not select the legacy shapes, but restore default shapes option.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 11, 2020 3
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having thesame problem!!!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 15, 2020 2
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the Windows -- Shapes BUT "legacy shapes" only loads the trees and animals again. Where are the usual arrows and bubbles and frames, etc.?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 09, 2019 0
Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you load Legacy Shapes and More, click on All Legacy Default Shapes.

lg.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 09, 2019 5
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you Jeff, I finally found it.. wow.  For others looking, it is important to use the Windows Menu and Shapes; it doesn't show up in the Shapes panel for the tool.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2019 4
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks all , faced the same problem. And Adobe support asked me to reinstall PS or to copy the shapes from the older PS version in to the 2020 . Strange 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 17, 2019 1
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for this! How to find these shapes is definitely not intuitive. I called Adobe support and they weren't helpful. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 14, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Support has gone down hill... Adobe has gone down hill.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 22, 2020 2
Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lynette, you mean it is important that you use the shapes panel that you get from the menu Windows>Shapes, and NOT the drop down visible in the option bar.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 11, 2020 4
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  That worked for me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 09, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any suggestions for the Mac version of Photoshop CC 2020? I still have the application support files for CC2019, so I suspect the shapes will be somewhere in there but some help on the folder location would be most useful if anyone can point me in the correct direction. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 04, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly the location for custom shapes in PS CC 2019, which I found under Applications/Adobe Photoshop 2019/Presets is empty, so must have been deleted during the update to 2020. Removing the sensible custom shapes like arrows and replacing them with things like flowers and trees seems a retrograde step for professional photographers. I downloaded a free set of custom arrow shapes from https://www.brusheezy.com/shapes/49547-abundant-arrow-shapes-pack and then used the import custom shapes tool (in the "cog" toolbox when you open the custom shapes tool) to import the csh arrows shapes library file. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 04, 2020 0
Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 2019 Shapes are in the Legacy Shapes and More folder, but go to Window > Shapes and load that folder from the Panel menu if you don't see it.

Shapes.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 04, 2020 2
Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not in Mac OS 15.2 (Catalina)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 04, 2020 0
Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that. You did mention you found your answer with the brusheezy pack, so given the oddities of Catalina, best not to mess with success.

I have a 2012 MBP and won't be going past Mojave, though I know somewhere down the line some version of Photoshop will require that I do.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 04, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My 2016 MBP had been away yet again for repair (I am now on keyboard/top cover #5 as keyboard/top cover #4 installed in November had a faulty left speaker) while I was away in the USA over Christmas. I noticed there was an update on PS CS 2020 which had become available after I had left my MBP with Apple. I just ran this and thought I would have a look to see if "Legacy shapes and more" had popped up in the Windows pull down menu and to my surprise it had, so I now have a superfluity of Arrow shapes. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 05, 2020 1
Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you looking at Ps 2020?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 03, 2020 0
Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just go to Window>Shapes and load the Legacy Shapes and More.

sha.png

lg.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 04, 2020 2
Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't have Legacy Shapes and More listed in the Window>Shapes panel?

You have to use Windows>Shapes since any other Shape lists like in the tool options bar don't list Legacy Shapes and More.

Can you post a screenshot?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 04, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Jeff, although it took me a minute to realise you meant the 'Window' menu on the toolbar.  I'm sure I'm not alone here.  I kept opening the shape menu on the 'Custom Shape' toolbar.  See screenshot folks, just in case!!  We're all in a hurry these days so it slipped past me too the first time.  FYI its happing for the Brushes too but same solution!Jeff: Windows>Shapes>Restore Legacy or BrushesJeff: Windows>Shapes>Restore Legacy or Brushes

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 09, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the legacy shapes except leaf trees, wild animals and boats exists, which I mean really, who needs those. This guy will give you a download and help walk you through it to get the good and necessary ones back, bad update adobe, come on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WK9NlvUt8A    I did this and it's all good now!

How to Add Legacy Custom Shapes to Photoshop 2020 Download Legacy Shapes:- http://bit.ly/37lmcvJ . ✔👉❤ Best Web Hosting:-https://harshvardhanart.com/sitegrou...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 07, 2020 4
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Adobe please restore the old custom shapes for all Mac users.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 11, 2020 1
Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, to communicate better in the future, the place you crossed with the X is the Options bar (technically, the options panel), the toolbar (tools panel) is the one on the left side of your screen. The place you circled is the Menu, not a toolbar either...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 03, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

😄 LOL, thank you for correcting LDBDesigns. Using incorrect verbiage like this is what gets people confused as to what to do, to begin with.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 03, 2020 1
Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I hope I did not sound pedantic, my point is to educate on the correct terms, for everyone to get faster answers...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 03, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't sound pedantic at all. My point is that, this is a community page w/ the intent of clearing up any confuson people might have, so people need to be sure NOT to ADD to the cluster of confusion by using the incorrect verbiage.

So thank you for correcting the incorrect verbiage. 🙂 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 03, 2020 1
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The real pro-tip is always in the comments. Thank you!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 0