Highlighted

Lenticular setup

Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all!
I've been doing a lot of research on this particular topic, as I'd like expand my digital art into this medium. However, I'm having a lot of difficulties understanding the process, and I couldn't find any scripts for Photoshop, and I'm not really keen in paying 800 Euros for a software, just for Lenticular.

I'm trying to figure out how I should construct the question, as I'm all over the place right now, so maybe I'd describe what I'm doing, and if someone could tell me where I'm going wrong?

My current process
- The Lenticular sheets I have are 75LPI, and I'm using a Canon pro 100 (4800 x 2400 dpi), my artwork is 300DPI, however.
- For this scenario, I'm looking to make a Flip Lenticular work, with 2 images.
- I calculated 300DPI/75LPI - giving me 4 frames (pixels?) per 1 Lenticule.
- In my PS file, I've got 4 layers - 2 images, both duplicated.
- The first image is masked, and occupies the first pixel in the document, vertically.
The second layer is the same, only it's 1px to the right.
- I've replicated this process with the 2nd image, only now it occupies from the 3rd and 4th pixel.
- The pattern of these vertical lines (my masks) is continued through the doccument, as Image 1 Image 1 Image 2 Image 2 Image 1 Image 1 Image 2 Image 2 etc etc.

My results
Upon printing and lining it up with the 75LPI Lenticular sheet, I can just see the images fading in and out, unfortunately it isn't clear and the it's not giving me the 50/50 flip view (i.e Only one image should show up depending where I'm standing).

I apologise for the long write-up, as my head is all over the place, I'm not so sure how I should construct my issue, but I'd really appreciate all feedback, and corrections in this process.

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lenticular setup

Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all!
I've been doing a lot of research on this particular topic, as I'd like expand my digital art into this medium. However, I'm having a lot of difficulties understanding the process, and I couldn't find any scripts for Photoshop, and I'm not really keen in paying 800 Euros for a software, just for Lenticular.

I'm trying to figure out how I should construct the question, as I'm all over the place right now, so maybe I'd describe what I'm doing, and if someone could tell me where I'm going wrong?

My current process
- The Lenticular sheets I have are 75LPI, and I'm using a Canon pro 100 (4800 x 2400 dpi), my artwork is 300DPI, however.
- For this scenario, I'm looking to make a Flip Lenticular work, with 2 images.
- I calculated 300DPI/75LPI - giving me 4 frames (pixels?) per 1 Lenticule.
- In my PS file, I've got 4 layers - 2 images, both duplicated.
- The first image is masked, and occupies the first pixel in the document, vertically.
The second layer is the same, only it's 1px to the right.
- I've replicated this process with the 2nd image, only now it occupies from the 3rd and 4th pixel.
- The pattern of these vertical lines (my masks) is continued through the doccument, as Image 1 Image 1 Image 2 Image 2 Image 1 Image 1 Image 2 Image 2 etc etc.

My results
Upon printing and lining it up with the 75LPI Lenticular sheet, I can just see the images fading in and out, unfortunately it isn't clear and the it's not giving me the 50/50 flip view (i.e Only one image should show up depending where I'm standing).

I apologise for the long write-up, as my head is all over the place, I'm not so sure how I should construct my issue, but I'd really appreciate all feedback, and corrections in this process.

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 07, 2020 0

Have something to add?