Highlighted

Libraries missing and options unavailable

Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had 2 libraries and since updating Photoshop 2017 and Creative Cloud they have disappeared. Not only that, but the options to create a new library or create a new library from a document are unavailable.

I made sure I'm signed in to Creative Cloud, and that all my sync options are turned on. I signed out and signed in again to Photoshop using the same account information and got the following message:

"Due to a problem initializing CC Libraries, existing links to library graphics will appear broken and new link creation may fail. More details and recovery options may appear in the Libraries Panel"

Further to that message, no details or options appear in the Libraries Panel.

I need my libraries back, or I need the ability to recreate them. Any solutions would be appreciated.

Further searching online brought me to an old issue with Ps  CC 2015

Photoshop CC 2015 - CC Libraries fail to initialize | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Going into Task Manager and killing the CCLibrary.exe, closing Ps and reopening solved it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Libraries missing and options unavailable

Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had 2 libraries and since updating Photoshop 2017 and Creative Cloud they have disappeared. Not only that, but the options to create a new library or create a new library from a document are unavailable.

I made sure I'm signed in to Creative Cloud, and that all my sync options are turned on. I signed out and signed in again to Photoshop using the same account information and got the following message:

"Due to a problem initializing CC Libraries, existing links to library graphics will appear broken and new link creation may fail. More details and recovery options may appear in the Libraries Panel"

Further to that message, no details or options appear in the Libraries Panel.

I need my libraries back, or I need the ability to recreate them. Any solutions would be appreciated.

Photoshop CC 2015 - CC Libraries fail to initialize | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Going into Task Manager and killing the CCLibrary.exe, closing Ps and reopening solved it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't work for me. I am still having the issue of the libraries: Due to a problem initializing CC Libraries, existing links to library graphics will appear broken and new link creation may fail. More details and recovery options may appear in the Libraries Panel

I have uninstalled and re-installed too, let me know if there is another solution.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem and it will not allow me to save or create a new file 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with CC 2020 and have not found a solution.  Hopefully, it will be resolved by Adobe soon.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having the same issue since I've switched accounts, I think my mac may be encountering some issues with two overlapping cc folders but I honestly have no clue how the wizards from adobe work this sort of magic. I'm gonna try and uninstall everything from adobe and reinstall it since I'm not entirely sure I did this properly the last time.

If this is any help I had to change my account because I switched country and currency and it's not possible to change the location of an account without having to create an entirely new one. 

This also seems to be an issue that needs fixing as designers are far more likely to change locations during their careers nowadays.

Regardless I hope everyone is doing well 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Professor Farnsworth would often say "Good News Everyone!!!"

I've managed to fix my CC libraries issue.

However, as a disclaimer, I'm not an adobe official and my methods are probably as safe as those of our spectacled friend from futurama.

Step 1: 

On the activity monitor (task manager on Windows), I stopped all running adobe apps. (dodgy, I know!)

Step 2:

I used the Adobe Cleaner and cleaned all the adobe apps (only cleaning the CC libraries did not work on my first attempt).

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/libraries-panel-not-working.html

Step 3:

I uninstalled any adobe App still present on my mac.

Step 4:

removed all traces of Adobe from my files and folder making sure my files were safe (I keep my work on an external SSD for this particular reason).

--> by this time we've gone from a pretty vanilla Futurama walkthrough to a full-on sinister Rick & Morty approach to the issue.

Step 5: 

Reinstalled the cloud and opened InDesign to realized the libraries worked!

Step 6 (optional): 

Repent your sins to the god of Photoshop Unmesh Dinda. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines