• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lighting Effects problem - Photoshop 21.0.1 macOS Mojave

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 21.0.1 on recently purchased iMac with Mojave. No matter which lighting effect I try (with preview on) it doesn't show my image, only an all black image. No lighting effect shows. I have white selected as color, the default settings for spot light. No matter where I move spotlight or adjust settings, just shows entirely black image. Tried with smart object and just a raster layer. 

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Susie,

That shouldn't be happening, could you please try enabling "Legacy compositing" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps? 

Also, what graphics card is installed in the iMac?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! It worked after after enabling "Legacy compositing". I wouldn't expect this problem with a new iMac 27".

My graphics card is "ATI Technologies AMD Radeon Pro 575X OpenGL".

Available RAM is 6051 MB. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enableing Legacy Compositing didn't work for me. I disabled OpenCL in the advanced GPU settings instead. I'm running PS on an iMac with Mojave (ATI Radeon Pro 850RX) as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, legacy compositing is usually a temporary fix, users should try to update o 21.1, as it lists a fix for the Lighting Effects: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html#photoshop-desktop-fixed-issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,  21.1.1 release notes lists the black lighting effects as being fixed: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html#photoshop-desktop-fixed-issues (the 21.1 fixed another lighting effects bug)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines