• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lighting Effects! Specific Applications Help.

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys - Lighting Nerd here.

Just the gist - I do landscape lighting. Being able to show the customer their home with the desired effect at night is a great selling feature.

I had this photo done in about 20 minutes for me by another landscape lighting company - they said they used photoshop and gave me no other information. Ive been working to create this exact photo for some time now utilzing PS lighting effects and masks with no success.

Does anyone have experience or could help with the creation of lighting effects? Maybe a plug in, or sosmething im missing within PS? Here are the two photos. One original, and one im trying to reproduce.

311RO.jpg311ROEdit.jpg

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a tutorial from Photoshop Cafe that should help that with 3 main parts:

1. Create night color toning.
  2. Set up Layer masking.
  3. Paint in illumination.

I'd also add that now you can use Replace Sky to swap out the day sky for a starry night.

And if there are noticeable contrasty shadows on the siding, those should be cloned out on the day version that you later expose when you paint on its layer mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's pretty much an "everything and the kitchen sink" thing. From basic color correction tutorials to stuff like frequency separation to even out lighting/ different textures pretty much anything can be appropriate depending on the situation. the "American Night" tutorial, as we call it here in Germany, that @Myra Ferguson pointed you at is a good quick start, but in the long run you may want to learn a few other tricks. It may also be a good place to start by avoiding photographs with visible sun casting and shadows, i.e. snapping them at more suitable times. that's one thing that is still very visible in your colleagues' work and may need further refinement.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines