• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom-catalog in Photoshop

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i start Photoshop (22.3) the default location for the Lightroom-catalog is the Adobe-cloud. My Lightroom-catalog is situated on my local drive (C:). How can ik change Photoshop to open my local catalog instead of the cloud-catalog?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

This looks like another example of why the start screen/home screen is a monumentally bad idea that only confuses people no end. It's so dumbed down that it's impossible to make sense of to any normal intelligence. What can I say? Don't use the home screen. Disable it. Do this the proper way.

Here's the thing: You don't open the Lightroom catalog in Photoshop. You open the catalog with Lightroom. Just double-click the catalog file (.lrcat), and Lightroom opens. Or start the Lightroom applicati

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This looks like another example of why the start screen/home screen is a monumentally bad idea that only confuses people no end. It's so dumbed down that it's impossible to make sense of to any normal intelligence. What can I say? Don't use the home screen. Disable it. Do this the proper way.

Here's the thing: You don't open the Lightroom catalog in Photoshop. You open the catalog with Lightroom. Just double-click the catalog file (.lrcat), and Lightroom opens. Or start the Lightroom application, it should open the right catalog by default, unless you have several catalogs.

From Lightroom you can then use "edit in Photoshop", which sends a processed image into Photoshop, and from there you can save the finished file anywhere you want.

The home screen is not, and is no substitute for, a proper file browser. It's just static links to wherever the file was the moment the link was created. It is not necessarily reflecting the true location of any file, and if the file is moved, the link is useless.

The home screen encourages nothing but bad habits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines