Lightroom CS6 reading canon CR3 files.

Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So our studio used CS6 PS and LR because the 2 stations that are used for imaging isn't connect to the internet for business reasons we want our editors to edit images and not surf the internet or worst to get a virus or ramesonware so there for the machines are not connected and also means we can't use the latest version that needs connected to the internet.  Soooo my question is there plug-in I can install so LR or PS can read CR3 files from the new Canon R5 and R6 camera's?  I know there is other software that are like PS and LR that read the files but really want to stay with Adobe products if possible.   Thank you in advance. 

TOPICS
Import and export, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom CS6 reading canon CR3 files.

Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So our studio used CS6 PS and LR because the 2 stations that are used for imaging isn't connect to the internet for business reasons we want our editors to edit images and not surf the internet or worst to get a virus or ramesonware so there for the machines are not connected and also means we can't use the latest version that needs connected to the internet.  Soooo my question is there plug-in I can install so LR or PS can read CR3 files from the new Canon R5 and R6 camera's?  I know there is other software that are like PS and LR that read the files but really want to stay with Adobe products if possible.   Thank you in advance. 

TOPICS
Import and export, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 07, 2020 0
Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>>is there plug-in I can install so LR or PS can read CR3 files from the new Canon R5 and R6 camera's?

The free DNG converter is offered by Adobe for exactly that reason.

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/photoshop/digital-negative.html

You convert the CR3 files from the Canon camera to DNG format then open the converted DNG files in CS6.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 07, 2020 0