• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom to Photoshop - Numerous Edits and Layers - Can't Save As to jpg - Save to psd colors bad

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened a CR3 file in Lightroom Classic 10.2 release camera raw 13.2, made a few edits, then chose to Edit in Photoshop 2021 (Windows 10). I worked for several hours, adding several layers, and then could not save to jpg. I forgot that I had opened it from Lightroom. I researched this and saw that I should change to 8 Bits/Channel which I did, and then saved to jpg. When I uploaded it to Walmart Photos (just to check their quality), the colors were way off. Same thing with Walgreens Photo. When I opened the jpg in Photo Mechanic, the colors were also way off. I discovered though that when I turned Color Management on in Photo Mechanic, the colors were correct. I'm not sure what's going on here. Is there a way to save to jpg from Photoshop so the file doesn't require Color Management, whatever that is? Did it have something to do with the fact that I didn't return the file to Lightroom for export?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

I see work-arounds-

1)  Just [SAVE] the image in Photoshop- A TIF or PSD returns to Lr-Classic, then EXPORT this file as a JPG in sRGB (Use an Export Preset for easy creating of the JPG)

2) If you must create a JPG in Ps- Use the 'new' [SAVE A COPY] menu command. (The JPG does not appear back in LrC)  https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new/2021-4.html#save-a-copy

3) Create an ADDITIONAL EXTERNAL EDITOR Preset in LrC that sends [Edit-In ...the Preset]  any file to Ps that will, if

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see work-arounds-

1)  Just [SAVE] the image in Photoshop- A TIF or PSD returns to Lr-Classic, then EXPORT this file as a JPG in sRGB (Use an Export Preset for easy creating of the JPG)

2) If you must create a JPG in Ps- Use the 'new' [SAVE A COPY] menu command. (The JPG does not appear back in LrC)  https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new/2021-4.html#save-a-copy

3) Create an ADDITIONAL EXTERNAL EDITOR Preset in LrC that sends [Edit-In ...the Preset]  any file to Ps that will, if the document has only one layer in 8bit,  [SAVE] and a JPG automatically returns back to the LrC Catalog.

4) And you have the File > [EXPORT] commands in Ps- 

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I forgot to mention that I had closed Lightroom so I used option 4 File>Export. It worked perfectly and I didn't have to flatten the image or change the bit/channel to 8. This saved me a few hours of work and I appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines