• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lightroom to photoshop photo is super desaturated

Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I need help. When I move my photo from LR to PS my photo is very desaturated to the point that it looks black and white and greenish. Color space is matching, sRGB. I also tried resetting both applications, PS is on RGB not greyscale. It was fine last night but now I am having a problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

One other possibility: Are you using any custom/third-party camera profiles in Lightroom? There's a bug (that I hoped was fixed by now) that prevents these profiles from being correctly picked up by ACR.

The standard/native camera profiles are not affected, so do you see the same when using any of these profiles?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what a ProPhoto file looks like without proper color management. ProPhoto is Lightroom's default for "edit in Photoshop".

Have you changed anything at all in Photoshop's color settings? Because it looks like you've managed to disable Photoshop's color management. Post a screenshot of the color settings dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was playing around with the Use Graphic processor but put it back to how it was. I tried to figure out what was wrong with it and played more with the settings but ended up resetting both application to rule out anything I could have messed up.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, is there anything you can suggest trying, I still am experiencing the same problem.

I have a M1 mac mini up do date. LR and PS up to date. I tried uninstalling and intalling PS and still doing the same. Channels are on RGB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is only happening when the picture is coming from LR. When I drag a photo to PS it is fine, RAW or jpeg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One other possibility: Are you using any custom/third-party camera profiles in Lightroom? There's a bug (that I hoped was fixed by now) that prevents these profiles from being correctly picked up by ACR.

The standard/native camera profiles are not affected, so do you see the same when using any of these profiles?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this was my problem. I am using ColorFidelity for my Canon eos R, when I used Adobe Color it transferred to PS fine. Is there any solution to this? On the other hand I have been using this CF profile for quite some time and this problem just occured yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it will work if you "save metadata to file" from Lightroom, ctrl+S.

Frankly I don't understand why this bug hasn't been fixed. It's been thoroughly documented on the feedback site for a long time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Saving it works. Thank you very much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines