• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom to PS profiles

Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I am using one of adobe's profiles in lightroom and I use the edit in PS feature then the images in PS looks exactly the same as in LR. Which is the intension right?

But when I use a profile I have installed in LR, then it doesn't remain when I move the images over th PS. I am currentlyusing the colour fidelity profiles for the R5, because there aren't very good matching R5 profiles built in. 

I know it is possible to export the image first as a JPG (or other format) and then move over to photoshop, but this is a work around and an extra step. Is there a way to handle this? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @maylonr87852814 ,

When you say "Edit in Photoshop" from Lightroom, do you mean the iPad version or the desktop version?

~Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Desktop versions.

From LrC I use a third party profile. And make LR adjustments. Then I want to move over to edit in PS I select "edit in photoshop". The profile is lost when pulled into PS.

I found though that I need to open PS, and open CamRAW and apply the third party profile to an image. Then cancel that action. Go to LR then select edit in PS, and then the profile is preserved. And I have to do that each time. Seems like CAMRAW isn't active properly during import and I need to activate it manually. It's weird and definitely a bug. 

I also noticed that I have CamRAW 13.0 (internal in LrC and CamRAW 13.0.2 in PS. I use creative cloud for all my installations so I don't get why this would be different 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Desktop versions."

Hi @maylonr87852814 

I've moved your post from "Photoshop for Mobile" where you posted to "Photoshop" (which is for the desktop version). I don't use your workflow, but you might want to add:

• the name of the 3rd party profile
  • your OS and version
  • your version of PS, including the dot release

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's a known bug with third-party/custom camera profiles. They don't transfer correctly from Lr to ACR.

It has been reported many times and most likely it will be fixed in a coming update. There's a thread on the feedback forum (official bug report channel, link at the top of the main page) - but it's a few weeks old and I can't find it right now.

EDIT: here it is:https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-editing-raw-file-in... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines