• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Line appears between mirror images

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I create a mirror image, a fine line appears between the images.  How do I get rid of it?  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

If you view at 100% or higher magnification and there is still a line, it will most likely be due to anti-aliasing on the layer edge. If this is the case, it can be dealt with fairly easily, however, I'm guessing it disappears at different zoom levels.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There does appear to be a problem with your screen shot.  Have you tried saving and opening in another app to see if the line is still there?  We'd need to see a full res screen shot of your workspace showing layers and paths panels to have better chance of telling you what is going on.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lines often show between layers, that are just screen artifacts. If you flatten or create a merged copy of the layers, most often, they will not be there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My $0.02. Judge in 100% view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent point Bojan.  It usually does come down to that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you view at 100% or higher magnification and there is still a line, it will most likely be due to anti-aliasing on the layer edge. If this is the case, it can be dealt with fairly easily, however, I'm guessing it disappears at different zoom levels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm really new at this and I don't know how to flatten or what anti-aliasing is.  I have tried "snap to" all and the images will snap to everything but each other.  I have merged the images and the line is still there.  I need the final product to be of at least 300 dpi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.  I turned off antialiasing in windows and then merged my images and the line went away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines