• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Line being drawn by the brush tool lags behind the tool's location

Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just started a day or two ago: When I try to draw with the brush tool, there is a delay until the line appears - my cursor (or whatever you call the little onscreen symbol for the brush tool) is alway about an inch from the line appearing, like the line being drawn is always trying to catch up to the tool's location.

If I keep holding the left button down the line continues until it reaches the tool's location, BUT if I let go of the button the line freezes at its location when I released the button, doesn't reach the cursor

This happens on both my mouse and Wacom tablet. All the other tools, drawing or editing,are working fine, no lag. It feels like I somehow changed a brush tool setting without realizing it & have no idea what I did or how to change it. Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You failed to mention which version of Photoshop you have, but if it's one on the most recent have to checked the brush smoothing setting, it may be set to high

2020-08-29 15_47_58-Window.png

If that is not the issue try resetting the Tools

2020-08-29 15_48_26-Window.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to mention that, yes I have 21.2.2 - and that was exactly the problem - the smoothing was set to 100%! Took it down to zero and things are back to normal. THANK YOU VERY MUCH, it was driving me cuh-razy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome, glad you got it sorted 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines