• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Liquify filter on smart objects don't hold when changing the smart object itself Photoshop v22.1

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found an issue with the more recent versions of Photoshop (likely since the update to the smart filter features they added). Essentially, when you liquify a Smart Object (it has a transparent background, I'm not sure if that matters) and then make any changes inside that smart object, your Liquify looks like it's still active in the Layer palette, but all the liquifying you did is gone. It doesn't matter what you do to the objects within the smart object, as soon as you save the smart object and go back to the original document where the liquifying filter was applied, all the liquifying is gone. This is super frustrating to say the least as it's hard to work in a non destructive way without smart objects. I'm using Photoshop for Windows 10 home edition. I swear this worked in even the first version of Photoshop 2021 when it came out, but something changed.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, very frustrating because i make mockups....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problems here.  This is already the case for a couple of versions of photoshop and this is still not solved.  Very frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

same here for more than 10 years and no one is able to fix it 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines