• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Liquify Results Revert

Engaged ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using PS 20.0.7 on Mac 10.14.6 and have now had multiple instances of lost Liquify results. ThHe first occurance I attributed to pilot error, perhaps too many UNDO'S. But now I realize it is some sort of bug.

I did not move the liquify layer to another file. It was applied to a smart layer -but not one embedded from another file. Suddenly I just noticed that an earlier Liquify edit had disappeared. 

I opened an earlier itreation of the file, and I'm not sure, but I think the Liquify edits had disappeared there too -but I can't comepletely recall the timeline on that.

Anyone else with this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi try to update Photoshop and check may be this bug is no more in latest version...Regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you read my text, pretty sure 20.0.7 is current. And I suspect this issue may have occured prior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No there Photoshop 2020 version is already out check it .... Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I check Adobe CC Apps it states that 20.0.7 is the latest version, which is what I have. If there's something more recent it's not showing up under Adobe CC Apps. But I'm not an IT whiz, and may be looking in the wrong place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have creative cloud app updater check in it if you there otherwise you can use older version untill this bus is fixed..Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The latest verion of Photoshop is 20.0.7. Period. This is what I have. Let's discuss the liquify issue PLEASE. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I discovered the cause of this issue. Perhaps this is a known aspect of liquify, and I'm the last to know. I made a test file, then expanded the canvas. The liquify results didn't revert, but they were ceratinly altered. I guess Liquify results are computed based on all the image pixels, and if the canvas is altered, so are the liquify edits. I guess this would explain why live Liquify smart layers can't be dragged to another file. Again, I suspect that I'm the last to know. THis seems like something should be remedied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines