• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Liquify Tool Causes Crash PS 2020 and PS 2021

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  When I try to use the Liquify tool in PS 2020. PS crashes.  It has worked previously in PS 2019 and I'm fairly certain in  PS 2020.  Since the recent updates the programme just crashes.
Actually, PS 2021 is a complete disaster on my system. I can't open images, can't create a new document and the programme won't close.  I have to go to Task Manager to close the programme from there.  But I can guess I'm better starting another thread for that. I'd like to focus on the Liquify Tool in PS 2020 here.

My system specs are:
Intel Core i7 CPU  920 @2.67GHz  2.00 GHz
RAM 12.0 GB
OS 64-bit  Windows 10  x64 -based processor

Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT
Total available Graphics Memory 4095 MB

Dedicated Video Memory 1042

I have used the In-Programme crash report system a few times.
I've uninstalled all versions of Photoshop then reinstalled.  Cleared Cache and Prefs.

The only message I get is the Crash Report pop-up box to send to Adobe.
I would be most grateful for any advice, suggestions or fixes.
Thank you.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Update:
I used the chat assistant on Adobe's website for Photoshop and received a lot of excellent help.  Between my first post here and contacting the Help Chat there was another update for PS 2020/2021 a fix I think it was, not to distract from the help I received in Live Chat.
The upshot is PS 2020 can now open and close documents without crashing.  Liquify Tool is now available, with a limited toolset, but the basics are there.
The main thing I learned is my GPU (NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT) was not

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So.  Nothing?
No suggestions?  Even "No idea, try ........"  would be great.
Am I doing something wrong?
Come on fellow photoshoppers, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:
I used the chat assistant on Adobe's website for Photoshop and received a lot of excellent help.  Between my first post here and contacting the Help Chat there was another update for PS 2020/2021 a fix I think it was, not to distract from the help I received in Live Chat.
The upshot is PS 2020 can now open and close documents without crashing.  Liquify Tool is now available, with a limited toolset, but the basics are there.
The main thing I learned is my GPU (NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT) was not recognised by PS.  I Need to update my Graphic card it seems.  It was next on my list of upgrades anyway so now I have more incentive.
Thanks, Adobe Live Chat Help (and Ali in particular.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My photoshop crashes everytime I try and open liquify. I have no tech experience. Can you help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines