Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Liquify tool is not working

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

A few days ago my liquify tool stopped wotking. I can see everything in the preview but, when I click the "OK" button to apply the changes to the image, it's loading much longer than it used to and then the image goes back to the way it was before I used the liquify tool. I installed the latest update of Photoshop for Windows a couple of days ago and the liquify tool worked again when I tested it. I wanted to get back to the editing of my photos today, but the liquify tool is not working anymore.

It's driving me crazy...

Does anyone know what could cause that and how to fox the problem?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Thank you for your answer.

I wanted to delete the post as I've just realized that the problem only occured with one image.

So I guess the problem is my file and not the programm (I don't really know what's wrong though).

Sorry for the trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

What have you done for trouble-shooting so far? 

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer.

I wanted to delete the post as I've just realized that the problem only occured with one image.

So I guess the problem is my file and not the programm (I don't really know what's wrong though).

Sorry for the trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you able to transfer the relevant parts to another image where the Filter behaved as expected? 

Could you post a screenshot of the failing image? 

What is the bit depth, is there anything particular about the Layers, is a Selection involved, …? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just exported it from Lightroom as a TIF (16-bit), I haven't done anything to it in Photoshop yet (so there's no other layer nor selection). I don't understand what's different about this image since I've used the same settings for the whole set in LR.

Here are the screenshots (sorry, it's in French):

1/ Before Liquify

ps01.JPG

2/ Liquify tool

ps02.JPG

3/ After Liquify: back to the initial photo

ps03.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing springs out … 

If the issue reoccurs you may want to run the general trouble-shooting routines. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! this worked for me! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU SO MUCH, IT WORKED FOR ME TOO, I REALLY THOUGHT THAT IT WASNT GOING TO WORK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eu estava com Um problema no liquify, quando abria uma imagem ficava com a tela preta e o ponteiro do mouse nao aparecia, resolvi apenas atualizando o drive do processador grafico.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That would seldom seem like a bad idea. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines