• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LIQUIFY tool is not working

Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have cancelled settings, deleted preferences, restarted computer... yet LIQUIFY tool is not working.

FORWARD WARP TOOL is not working

TWIRL tool also not working

Any tool I choose, I still have the hand showing that will move image around... but I can't get the hand to change into any tool.

If I try Face-Aware Liquify... IT WORKS... but if I try to change HAND into a TOOL that I can select... nothing... it doesn't work.

I asked to chat with an expert ... but after the FORTH EXPERT that hanged on me after seeing that it was not working even if they cancelled preference file, I am now quite desperate...

PLEASE HELP!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

I have this problem as well.  I followed all the step adjusting Ink, then the login items and it works for a bit then stuck on hand tool again.  Now I can't change Ink or delete login items so I'm stuck with the hand tool.    This is the second time I've updated photoshop to have the liquify tool stops working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody can tell you anything without exact system info or other technical details like exact version of PS and hardware acceleration settings. Clearly, there's a failure in that department.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are absolutely correct...
Here they are:

I use a MacBook Pro (Retina 15-inch) Processor 2,5 GHZ Intel Core i7 Graphic card is: Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

operating system is macOS Sierra 10.12.2

Photoshop version cc2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same exact issue.  I completely uninstalled PS and the liquify brush worked one time.  After that, only the hand icon was showing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here, only the hand is showing, no matter what I do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at this. Hope it fixes the problem.

Hand tool stuck while using Liquify tool on Mac OSX

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem as well.  I followed all the step adjusting Ink, then the login items and it works for a bit then stuck on hand tool again.  Now I can't change Ink or delete login items so I'm stuck with the hand tool.    This is the second time I've updated photoshop to have the liquify tool stops working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly... I have been reinstalling photoshop too many times... but it still happens.

I am not sure, but I think the "issue" is trigged when I press the button on the wacom pen... anyone experience the same?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I googled and I googled.

joeb51690782 jacopot13417458 For me this worked: unplug Wacom, reboot, launch photoshop and liquify worked again. Reconnected my Wacom again and still works. I hope this won't be needed every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally I have contacted WACOM and they made me reinstall a previous DRIVER version... and now it works just fine.

The answer to this problem is CONTACT WACOM CUSTOMER CARE, they will solve it... or at least this worked well for me

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which driver version did they have you install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

6.3.15-3 ... but I raccomandati that you contact wacom support, they were very very VERY helpful and efficient with my case

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem with the Liquify Tool.  The hand will not change to any of the tools.   But, my Face-Aware Liquify works fine.  This happens on my MacPro desk top (trash can), it doesn't happen on my MacBook Pro.  Both are running Photoshop CC 2017.0.1.    I would really like to use the Liquify Tool sometimes, on the desk top computer.   Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed it through uninstalling my wacom driver and disconnnecting it, rebooting. then start photoshop, use the tool once, install drivers and plug wacom back in. So far I did not experience this anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TiemenVanGucht,

Thanks for sharing the outcome. This will help other facing similar issue in near future.

If anyone using Mac OS below version 10.14, please refer this article for more info and fix for this issue: Known issues - Running Photoshop on macOS 10.14 Mojave

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiecing the same issue but I'm using windows 10, does anyone know how to fix the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here. Have Windows 10. Have uninstalled and reinstalled and Liquify still does not work. Adobe... why is this not taken care of?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the same problem here....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar problem using 2019 Macbook pro

Processor:2.4GHz 8-core Intel i9

Memory: 64GB 2667 MHz DDR$

Graphics AMD Radeon Pro5500M 8GB

no Wacom involved. using trackpad on the laptop.

data stored on external hard drives vis USB-C cables.

I am also desperate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of these suggestions work for me. I can open liquify, make my adjustmenst but they don't apply.

Using  2022 Mac Studio , M1 Ultra 64 GB ram running <onterey 12.4  I have several TB of internal storage available. No Wacom Tablet no Wacom software. I have reset Photoshop and updated to 22.4.1. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, no Wacom tablet or software.

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021) Apple M1 Max, 64 GB memory

MacOS Monterey 12.4

Photoshop 24.0.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Anton22635511r8if  Please try enabling the option to Deactivate Native Canvas in Photoshop by going to Preferences under the Technology Previews tab and checking the box. Once done, quit and relaunch Photoshop and try again. Also, there is a newer version now available (24.0.1). Let us know if that helps.

JEL_0-1669139113613.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This option works. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great to hear, @Jeegy74. Thanks for letting us know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines