Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Liquify tool not working in Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey yall,

I was desperately needing help with attempting to figure out how to get my liquify tool to work. The issue I am having is when I open the liquify tool  and select the warp tool it 'liquifies' after I click the 'okay' button and by that time the image is completed distorted because during the liquify stage I am unable to see how much I am liquifying. Hope this makes sense I desperately need help please. Thank you in advance. 

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't fully understand the issue. Are you saying that you don't have a live preview of the changes you are making while in the Liquify window? If this is the case check that the Preview option is active in the bottom right of the window near the buttons. There are also a series of options that you can set within the View Options tab of the Liquify window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct, I am unable to achieve a live 'warping' while brushing it on the subject. I have attempted to view youtube videos and do as told within the performance tab and yet nothing seems to change. Not to mention now that I have updated my PS to 2020 its even worse now notne of my tools are properly working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Adobe Creative Cloud app allows for multiple versions of programs, including Photoshop, to be simultaneously installed. Perhaps you could try installing an earlier version of Photoshop as a temporary measure to get your work done. It could also help determine whether the problem lies with Photoshop itself or something else like your Operating System or another program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Sorry that Liquify tool in Photoshop is not working. 

Which version of Photoshop are you using and on which OS?

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

What have you done for trouble-shooting so far? 

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response, as I am using PS 2020 on my MAC. The update has brought me tons of trouble. At the moment not only is my liquify not working but the entire tool bar is not working not my healing tool, my clone stamp, nor the zoom - this is quite tragic as I need to edit my photos. I have trouble shooted but doesn't seem like anything is working. I have turned on and off the graphics processor but literally no difference. These issues commenced a few days after the newest update. At the moment I am attempting to work under the newest PS but it anything that I do it doesn't work. Same applies for the newest features PS is offering. Is there any way I can have a rep contact me as I have tried to call but instead I was placed on hold for over an hour. Please advise. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines