Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

List of Colours available on a Picture

Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can Photoshop give me a list of colours on my photo that I can then choose from to delete or retain.

For example, I have a photo that has some lighter areas that I want to do away with. I have tried the Magic Wand tool and it doesn't capture everything. Using the eraser or healing brush is a little too cumbersome.

[Moving from generic Start/Help forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]
[To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

There is no list of colors, as that could be extremely lengthy, if it existed. Have you tried making a selection using color range?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no list of colors, as that could be extremely lengthy, if it existed. Have you tried making a selection using color range?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. Colour range helps. Appreciate the responses! 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 24, 2019 Dec 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Given that in 8 bits per channel we have a possible 16,777,216 values and in Photoshop's implementation* of 16 bit a possible 35,000,000,000,000 values then a colour list would make no sense at all.

Can you show what are trying to achieve, there is probably a better way e.g. luminosity masking.

(Photoshop "16 bit" actually uses 15 bits+1 per channel)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're going about this the wrong way. One way of lightening (and darkening) parts of an image (non-destructively) is as follows:

Create a blank layer over your orignal image and fill it with 50% gray (Edit > Fill... select 50% Gray from the Contents drop-down menu). Then select Overlay from the Blend Modes in the Layers Palette.

You can then use the Dodge tool set to around 15% Exposure to to paint over the image to lighten the areas of the image you want lightened and then use the Burn tool to darken the areas you want darkened.

You can subsequently fine tune using the Opacity slider in the Layers palette.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to investigaet Select > Color Range.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines