Highlighted

Load Path as Selection not working properly

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating complex paths, load them as selections to create new layeers. This morning it stopped working properly.  Now when I load path as selection it only selects the outside path and ignores all inner paths.  I am inserting screenshots showing before and after I hit the load path as selection button. I don't know how this changed nor how to fix it.Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 5.15.42 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-13 at 5.16.17 PM.png

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Load Path as Selection not working properly

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating complex paths, load them as selections to create new layeers. This morning it stopped working properly.  Now when I load path as selection it only selects the outside path and ignores all inner paths.  I am inserting screenshots showing before and after I hit the load path as selection button. I don't know how this changed nor how to fix it.Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 5.15.42 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-13 at 5.16.17 PM.png

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 13, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screenshots seem close to useless … could you please post meaningful screenshot with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Paths, Options Bar, …) visible? 

What are the subPathItems’ individual Path Operations? 

Screenshot 2020-11-14 at 13.56.12.png

Why do you make Selections and not use Vector Masks? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

a couple hours after I posted that, I tried resetting my preferences and that seemed to solve the issue.

Thanks,
Duane Feyma

Sent from Outlook

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the issue should arise again check the Path Operations you set for the individual subPathItems. 

And why don’t you use the Paths as Vector Masks? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has never arisen for me before and I don't need vector mask as I am simply using the selection to create a new layer from the object in order to separate it from the background.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A Vector Mask might allow for possible subsequent corrections more easily, but you may at least want to consider using the Selection as a Layer Mask. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2020 0