• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Loading in Selections with Different Document Sizes

Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to use the same selections for several different images. The images are of different sizes, and I'd like to avoid trimming them to be the same size. Everything worked fine with the first image. I exported my specific selections to new documents and reused them several times for my first image. I am now working on my second image and cannot see any of the selections that I've created. When loading a selection, my understanding is that the document with the selection will only show if they are the same size. Is this the case? Is there a way around this?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi please show us a screenshot....regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Added Images:

Here I can see all of the selections I've created.

psdimage1.PNG

Here I cannot see any of the selections I've created.

psdimage2.PNG

Example Selection Document:

psdimage3.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you explain what you mean by  your by you exported your specific selections to new documents. How do you do that. You seem to be saying that you did that,  but you do not see them in the document you exported them to.  It seems like your export method  to export selection to other documents did not work. How do you export selections? Also if the documents have different canvas sizes what or the selection for. I do not know how to do that.  Save Selection only seems to save to Alpha channels in the current document or a new document not other open documents.

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I exported the selections by 

1. Creating a selection
  2. Right clicking
  3. Save Selection...
  4. Destination was New for both document and channel.
  5. I then saved the new selection document as a .psd file. (This step makes no difference for what I've done so far.)

I tried changing the size of the canvas to be the same as the original and the selections still did not show, so that doesn't appear to be the problem.

It seems that my exports are linked to the original file and are therefore not accessible to others. Is there a correct export method?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you save the selection as an Alpha channel selection in the current document. You can drag the Alpha channel to the larger document and drop  it and if Shift is held down the selection will be aligned to the center of the larger document.  The selection still will select a smaller percentage of the canvas than it did  in the smaller document. What is the selection going to be used for in the larger document?

Capture.jpg

Document B is 4 times the size of document A it width and height are twice the size of document A canvas..

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, while going through your steps I realized that I did not resize the canvas correctly. I believe I resized the whole image as opposed the canvas? Anyways actually resizing the canvas allows me to use the selections I had created in other same size documents.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines