Loadlibrary failed with error 87: Photoshop

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reloaded Creative Cloud to my desk top (three times), along with Photoshop, Lightroom and Bridge and continue to get the message Load Library failed with error 87 when I start Photoshop.    As soon as I use a selection tool, it freezes up and I have to do a forced shutdown.     Is there any solution to this issue?  I am becoming very frustrated.    Paying for a software I cannot use!!

Bob

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Loadlibrary failed with error 87: Photoshop

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reloaded Creative Cloud to my desk top (three times), along with Photoshop, Lightroom and Bridge and continue to get the message Load Library failed with error 87 when I start Photoshop.    As soon as I use a selection tool, it freezes up and I have to do a forced shutdown.     Is there any solution to this issue?  I am becoming very frustrated.    Paying for a software I cannot use!!

Bob

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 21, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob,

This is not a typical experience with Photoshop as you're getting an error 87 (LoadLibrary failed) while launching the app.

Which version of Photoshop are you using and what is your operating system?

If you're on Windows OS, please checkout the suggestions offered in this article https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/problem_with_photoshp_cs6_extended

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 22, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There can be various reasons for this.

In the first step please check your driver for the graphic card. Install the latest version. If you have installed the recent version go back to an older version. New drivers are sometimes buggy.

You can also try to deinstall and reinstall the driver.

Another reason for the error message can be a third party plugin. Disable or deinstall such plugins and check.

If this doesn't help please post morte insflrmations about your system.

Adobe product and version number

Operating system and version number
The full text of any error message (s)
What you were doing when the problem occurred
Screenshots of the problem and/or error messages
Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; the amount of RAM; etc

To insert screenshots, please use the "Insert Photos" icon in the toolbar, so that we don't have to download them.

insert graphic mini.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 22, 2020 0