Highlighted

Loadlibrary failed with error 87: The parameter is incorrect

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't start Photoshop anny more. i keep getting the above error. What should I do. Lightroom still works flawles.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Loadlibrary failed with error 87: The parameter is incorrect

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't start Photoshop anny more. i keep getting the above error. What should I do. Lightroom still works flawles.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 13, 2020 1
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

This is not a typical experience with Photoshop as you're getting an error 87 (LoadLibrary failed) while launching the app.

Which version of Photoshop are you using and what is your operating system?

If you're on Windows OS, please checkout the suggestions offered in this article https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/problem_with_photoshp_cs6_extended

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same error (twice) while launching and then Photoshop quits. I'm using Photoshop 21.2. I get the same error when launching Illustrator (24.2) but I only get the error message once and then the application finishes openening. This is happening on my Windows 10 machine. Everything works fine on my Mac.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2020 2
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same error with Adobe apps, including Photoshop.  The error doesn't prevent me from using the application (I just close the window), but I'd like to get it fixed.  We are already using the latest drivers.

p.s. I am using the apps remotely, so perhaps I should be looking at:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/photoshop-cc-2019-won-t-start-via-remote-desktop-windows/m-...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 29, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like it's a typical and quite commen error now. Ive neither Photoshop nor Lightroom for a month  now and no indication when a solution might be available. I'm off to Capture One guys. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also getting the same error when opening Adobe Photoshop Version: 22.0.0 20201006.r.35 2020/10/06: 4587a1caa63 x64

I am now experiencing crashes when attempting to use the quick selection tool.  Any help?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem as above. Is there a solution ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue on my machine too. Running latest versions of Windows 10 and PS and all video hardware drivers are up to date.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me Too

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of today, I'm having the same issue plus Photoshop is not recognizing my video card all of a sudden. I can barely use the application - choppy panning etc. What is the fix? Anyone? Please.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, same. Does anyone have a fix? anyone? Adobe?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem PS 22.0.0 Win10 latest drivers, versions of software. Re-intalled entire Windows system, updated and installed drivers. PS does not recognize my AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, got the Load library 87 error on first startup, graphics card area grayed out in PS preferences. PS stalls doing selections and newer features are just unavailable. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same error, for months. I'm using a PC with Windows 10. All drivers are updated.

PS, ID, AI, DW, BR, Acrobat work nonetheless although the error is displayed, but PR stops during the starting process and doesn't proceed.

An idea, please, anyone?

Thanks, Susanne

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here arghhhh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the solution! Go to Device Manager - disable your video card. Works flawlessly now. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 10, 2020 2
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! It works! Thank you so much!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! This would be the answer! Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like a really dumb idea. Surely you would need your video card for other aspects of your computer. Can you clarify what you mean before I ruin my computer?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not a solution. That only removes the error message, but fixes nothing. Photoshop not recognising the video card is the issue. Of course it won't display an error if you disable it. It also won't use it though.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2020 1
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was getting the same issue with the error message and photoshop not recognizing the video driver (in preferences video card was grayed out), when I traced back my steps I realized that it happened when I plugged my monitor into my port hub (it was previously plugged directly to my laptop). The issue went away when I plugged back in directly. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same solution. I had plugged my monitor into the HDMI on the computer instead of the video card after I disconnected it for cleaning. Plugged into HDMI on video card. Problem solved! Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 24, 2020 0