Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Loads of problems with saving as function:-(

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am a professionaql photographer and use photoshop daily. I have had lots of problems with Save As-function since last updates.

I get a message: "could not save the file because of a program error" (this accurs mostly with trying to save psd-file). I have lost loads of time 

as I have lost all the work I have done +

my clients are waiting for me to deliver... very annoying.

Has anybody any ideas?

Tiina

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What Operating system and version are you running? Writing files requires the use of File system services.  You may need to install some system update. I do not see a lot of users reporting Photoshop Program Error during save.

You should also try re-installing the previous update remove the latest update if the previous version works. All Photoshop updates have issues.

If you use the current version of Photoshop PS 2020 you should have at least CC 2019 installed as backup just in case Adobe brakes the current version with some update.  Be Professional. Do you have one camera body and one camera lens?  One PC or Mac? One is not a not a nuber you want. All eggs in one basket creats a single point of failure. One bake stops production. 

You can not eliminate stoppage Murphy state if it can happen it will.  But you can minimize the possibility and the impact that it will have.  But the world will end ......

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines