• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lock Workspace not possible

Participant ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a small problem with Photoshop CC. If I choose under "Windows" -> "Workspace" -> "Lock Workspace" the Workspace is not locked. Does anybody have the same problem or a solution? Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

that is my F9 action.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find on Windows with Lock Worksace check for the most part Photoshop palettes locations seem toe be locked if the worspace was set up with all photoshop palettes on the display Photoshop main window is on. All I can change are Palettes tab order when Palettes share a window.  If theWorspace is spread across displays. Only the palettes  on the displaye with Photoshop's main windows seem to be locked.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Unfortunately I do not understand what you mean. Please try and say it in other words, Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are Problems when you create work spaces that you have Photoshop Palettes distribute on more than a single displays  Lock Workspace see to only lock Palettes on one display,  Pallets on the other display(s) are not locked. Those on the other Display(s) can be moved and resized moved to the  display with the locked palettes and still not be locked. 

I  use Windows Photoshop does not always work the same way on PC and Mac.   PC and Mac operating system have different UI features.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, Lock Workspace only works with default workspaces like Essentials.  For my main custom workspace, it has no effect at all.   However I find a better solution is make actions that set, and reset, particular workspaces, and trigger them with Function keys.  This allows you the flexibility of placing panels where you need them, and quicklt tidying things up when you are done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that is my F9 action.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should not be necessary to create Axctions for a function the application itself is supposed to do natively. In my case, on Mac OS 12.6 with Photoshop 24.4.1, the history panel of the workspace shifts all over the place every time I go to use Photoshop. This is a bug and Adobe should just fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2023 Aug 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Exactly MarDS. I'm on a Mac and it is so annoying to walk away, come back and have to relocate the history panel/layers panel/characters panel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem and find F9 not the solution.

Should be able to lock workspace since the feature is there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My F9 Actions set my photoshop Workspace to the one I normally use  in case I may have switched workspace. It also reset the Workspace in case I may have moved palettes. Also it make sure Zoom Tool is set to its default, selects the move tool, insure Photoshop preference Zoom resize window is set.

What does you F9 action look like. Here is mine.

image.png

If you have a single display Lock workspace should work but that does not prevent  action, scripts from changing workspace, changing preferences, tool settings, etc..  There is more then Workspace   when it come to Photoshop UI.  I find I need quick rest

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I will give it a try (use 3 different custom settings for workspaces...and  especially for different open windows).. still I think Adobe should fix the problem, so will report the error in Photoshop.

Reina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It best to work around Photoshop issues Adobe does not fix all issues. Don't wait for a fix solve the problem for yourself.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a point, Adobe says my Graphic Card Geforce GTX 750 is not supported in the newest version of Photoshop. Grrrrrrrrr. Thanks again for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines