• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Locked] Can you purchase photoshop permanently rather than yearly?

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2014 Jul 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to buy photoshop, but I don't want to pay for creative cloud every month/year, so is there a way that I can purchase photoshop and pay 1 flat fee?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Hi Otaks

Just for info, some info in this post is now time expired. Adobe stopped selling the CS6 perpetual license version and a CC subscription( Photography plan, Single App or full CC) is now the only way to buy.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Enthusiast ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RGB is used for web stuff put printers use CMYK as it corresponds to the ink, and they tend to not accept RGB files now because it's a lot more work for them having to change things themselves. In photoshop it is easy to change the colours as you just have to change the format.

If you want a gold metallic font then you have to create one yourself, all fonts are flat until you apply a filter or effect to it, such as a bevel and emboss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nexahs1138  wrote

printers use CMYK as it corresponds to the ink, and they tend to not accept RGB files now because it's a lot more work for them

If any printer tells me that, I turn around and go to someone else with a properly color managed process.

Standard procedure these days is to submit RGB (usually Adobe RGB). For single image files to go in a page layout program like InDesign, RGB is always preferred. It's not more work for them, it's less, and much more flexible. The InDesign file will be converted to final CMYK when exported to press-ready PDF. Placed RGB content can then be easily repurposed for different press conditions - just export a new PDF.

Sending off "CMYK" without knowing exactly what CMYK profile is required - IOW just blindly hitting Image > Mode - is a disaster waiting to happen. And you won't have to wait long.

If, on the other hand, you produce a finished press-ready PDF yourself, you'd do the conversion too. But again, you need to know which profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why cant you make it that you can buy this permenently!!! THIS IS DUMB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh sorry this AbbyLarson30 i thought i was replying to the creator soz LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the 'creator' ? Does God hangs out here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they are genuine of course. And not full of malware. CS2 and CS3 can no longer be activated, so not much of a bargain. And of course you need to run an out of date system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Malware?  These are unopened unregistered retail editions that I'm referring to on ebay!  Lol, I guess windows 7 is out of date to you!  I do motion graphics and 3D animation and that's the only OS all my software runs on!  Cs2 and Cs3 run just fine on windows 7, not being able to activate them is news to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dallas4664  wrote

Malware?  These are unopened unregistered retail editions that I'm referring to on ebay!

That is only assuming that they are not counterfeit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you only use the basic features maybe Photoshop Elements will fit the bill.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Creative Cloud is the answer~!

Chana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2018 Dec 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's almost 2019 and I'm still using CS6. Back in 2013 I've paid about 400€ and so far it's still working like a charm, so I don't think I'll ever join the subscription-model for my professional work. The alternatives are growing and very close to what Photoshop offers, so as soon as MacOS tells me "CS6 no more" I'll get another software. Adobe lost me as their customer, who has been working with Photoshop since 1995. Just saying...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It so your creative choice. All of the important software went to a subscription modual. Did you check Microsoft lately? Same idea. No reason to get upset.

Adobe is the leading professional software for creative new changes are part of the creative work.

creative cloud is amazing!

you can share and explore with your peers and get to work in more creative environment.   The cost is less than 2-3 lunches a month... remember when banks started with ATM and people were upset to have to talk to a wall instead of a banker? Same here.

Have an amazing 2019! Hope you join the creatives!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize, if my post gave the impression that I'm upset about this. I'm not at all and my choice is just rational thinking. (to me)

I also think people need to know there are other options. Photoshop is still the standard, but less and less because of the software itself. I see all the goodies from CC, but it's still the same tools. Unless sharing content is an essential part of your work, there's no urgency.

Have a good one and best wishes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bare fact remains: since Adobe introduced the subscription model, the number of users has exploded. It hasn't just increased, it has increased exponentially. To call it a success is putting it mildly.

I think the reason is very simple: the entrance threshold is now so low, that the entire bottom of the piracy market fell out. The only thing left for the pirates now, paradoxically, is to offer cracked CS6 copies. There are no takers to cracked CC versions.

Previously, buying a license was a big expense. No more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct new users need to rent CC or buy Elements a subset of some Photoshop features.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting you mention Microsoft in this context. I'm still using Office 2003, because it does what I need it to do.

But I use the Creative Cloud because it does what I need it to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have cs6 do you have to pay monthly for creative cloud 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Suite is discontinued, no longer sold or supported.

Creative Cloud is totally separate software. Yes you must subscribe to use it.

Please ensure your computer meets or exceeds the minimum system requirements to run Creative Cloud Desktop App + all other apps you intend to use.  Min-requirements vary by product.
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

===========
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This thread is 6 years out of date.  It's now 2020. Creative Suite is no longer legally sold by any vendor, retailer or country.

MODERN OPTIONS:
Photoshop Elements 2020 (approx $100, no subscription needed)
https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

Creative Cloud Photography Plan (approx $10/month for 1 year subscription)
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

Creative Cloud All Apps Plan (31 + apps & services)
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

===========
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines