• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Locked] CS3 new serial number and installer [CS3 is dead]

Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2017 Sep 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have CS3, and have had problems with activation failure. Got told that this would do the trick: Activation or connection error when starting CS3 or Acrobat 8

"Receive a new serial number and installer  Get a new serial number and installer so you can reinstall CS3 or Acrobat 8 applications successfully. These special versions do not require activation."

I followed the instruction very carefully, yet everything is exactly the same as before, same message about activation failure.

What's the catch? Do I have to say a magic word or something?

I really need to get this working, please advice.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

It's now 2020. As an update, CS3 activation servers are gone. And Adobe ended access to activation-free installers and replacement serial numbers. Customer Care agents cannot help with this matter.  CS3 is officially dead and gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After 12+ years, Adobe ended all support for CS3 and earlier.  The aged out activation servers are gone.  And the replacement program is no longer available.  Sorry. 

You need modern software now.  The Photography Plan is a great option. For $10/month you get a deeply discounted bundle of Adobe's latest apps and services including   Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, Lightroom Classic and much more...

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

And as DcmDon said, Photoshop Elements is another good option but with fewer bells & whistles. 

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. The part of this that seems to be overlooked is that any version of PS3 (and potentially some versions of CS4, DO NOT WORK and are not possible to work on my computers. After CS4 the requiremenst are for Intel based computers. Mine are G5 Powermac's. The archtecture doesn't allow for versiosn beyond CS 3/4. I can't choose to upgrade to newer versions or subscriptions.

I own the machines and I own the boxed versions of PS.  They run beautifully together and are runing wonderfully now. The issue is that the 30 day trial clock is running and everytime I start up PS3 the clock is down another day. WHAT WILL HAPPEN WHEN THE CLOCK hits 0 days ? All I want to do is use software I've paid for. I don't need or expect any support or anything from Adobe.

Wouldn't it be more 'NORMAL' (and fair) to relinquish the need for customers, with software Adobe doesn't want to encourage, to register serial number for rather than lock them out of their software? I'd say this is really Anti Consumer behaviour and something a government watchdog should be serioulsy looking into.

For example: if the Ford motor company didn't want to support an old model of vehicle they surely wouldn't lock the owners out of those particular older cars ?  This Simply just Stinks of Adobe to do this.

All I want is the trial clock to be removed or disconnetced or script changed (or somethng) to allow owners of old software, like myself, to USE what they've parted good cash for. Too much to expect ?? I think not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more thing. I looked at the link supplied and even if I could use it. The subscription for basic PS and LR is A$14.29/mo. This is A$171.48 per year per machine EVERY YEAR. Who can afford or justify that ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"This is $171.48 per year per machine EVERY YEAR. Who can afford or justify that?"
Professionals have no trouble affording the tools of their trade.  Design software often costs several thousand US dollars per product, per year. 

In contrast, a Creative Cloud Photography Plan is a steal. 

Incidentally, Creative Cloud titles can be activated on up to 2 machines (home/work, laptop/desktop).  But you can use only 1 at a time.   If you need more than that, you should look at Creative Cloud for Teams.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just because one person has agreed to be bullied by overburdoneous behaviour by a business doesn't justify it as right. Being forced into a situation of paying for something twice is a stand over tactic plain and simple. All subsciption based marketing methods, including Adobes's Creative Cloud are bullying and gouging practices.  Removing access to a product that has been paid for in full in advance is borderline fraudulent behaviour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"All subscription based marketing methods, including Adobes's Creative Cloud are bullying and gouging practices."

15 million Creative Cloud subscribers don't share your opinion.  But hey the subscription model isn't for everyone.  So good luck to you and your G5 Powermac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried several  times to reinstall CS3 with the same result, the system ask me for a serail number, Itype the one in the box and then receive this message:

"Retry activating the over the internet" nothing erlse.

I have been suggested to try "CS3 product downloads" and do not see CS3 any where. Is there any place where the CS3 Serial number can be recovered? As mentioned, I have the original Adobe Creative Suite 3 WEB Premium package with DVDs and correspomnding Serial Number.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(NelsonDad) Yes, I had the same thing happen recently. Adobe has finally "Killed" CS3. There used to be a link you could enter that would give you a code that never needed to be re-entered. That is now gone too, as of late December 2019. Even though we technically owned our copy of CS3, they took it away from us. I bought a copy of Elements 2020 with a serial number. I am hoping that I can have this for another 12 years. It is a nice upgrade to CS3. It took a few hours of playing with it, but now I like is better than my old favorite. It isn't a subscription plan, it is a one and done price. I found a copy on Amazon for under $75. (Adobe is selling it for $99) I just wanted to snub Adobe a little. Good luck, I'm sorry man. It is a hard pill to swallow but we got many good years out of CS3. Change sucks but sometimes we need a kick in the pants to step up to the modern times. 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found out today about the deactivation of the CS3 server. I had Photoshop CS3 working fine on Windows 7. Now Microsoft forced us to move on to Windows 10 ( Free Upgrade by the way - thanks Microsoft ) and Photoshop is no longer activated. And I read now that there is no chance for me to download this special version that did not require activation... why ? As a legit customer this is not acceptable. And the "now you have to move on with modernity" excuse is not valid either. We paid for that software, not rented it. That was the deal. It was never written anywhere that my CS3 Production would expire at the beginning of January 2020. Microsoft did warn us and many of us upgraded or moved to another solution. But stopping a service to use a software without a proper warning is not acceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read your EULA.  English starts on page 419.

https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/legal/licenses-terms/pdf/CS3.pdf

Adobe owns the software.  There's no such thing as a "forever license."  Every product has an End of Life.  CS3 was no exception. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/support/programs/adobe-support-policies-supported-product-versions.html#Gold

Had you upgraded to CS4, CS5 or CS6 when you had the chance, you would still have working software for a while longer.  But you didn't.  And now that option is no longer available.  Creative Suite is not legally sold by any vendor, retailer or country now.

OPTIONS:
Photoshop or Premier Elements 2020 (approx $100, no subscription needed)

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

Creative Cloud Photography Plan (approx $10/month for 1 year subscription)

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

Creative Cloud All Apps Plan (31 + apps & services)

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

============

Beware of fake Adobe reps offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam. Run away!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy. Thanks for taking the time to answer.

I understand that from a EULA perspective, there is a end of life. But I'm not a lawyer and I think that the majority of people do not read EULA. Simply put. But with the new Adobe rental system, it's crystal clear now that we don't own anything.

When I look at the page you were pointing for the end of support of CS3, I see the support for CS5 and CS6 is long gone since 2014. So even if I had upgraded, it wouldn't have changed anything right ? or is there some support extension of the activation server for these ? I see no info on shut down servers that are no longer allowing us to register a product after a specific date ( January 2020 for CS3 by exemple ).

Thanks for listing the alternative. I'm a bit bitter right now but when it will pass, I might consider these.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2020 Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see why we can't do a law suite.  If we rightfully paid for a product that was shut down to transition in a way to get more money out of  customers through a subscription is just so wrong, and so unprofessionally business like.  Why would you do something like that to your dedicated customers you have a good report with?  Greed, greed, don't forget at some point even in business life you will reap what you sow.      

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2020 Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I don't see why we can't do a law suite."

Go right ahead and file an unwinnable nuisance lawsuit.  In the end you'll have gained nothing and have become $10K poorer in the process.  Or you can spend $10/month for modern software.  Your choice.

I'm locking this discussion now.  There really is nothing more to say that hasn't been covered.  CS1, CS2 and CS3 are dead.  It's time to get over it and move on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines