• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Logitech MX Master 3 Horizontal Scroll Wheel

Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Photoshop CC for a while now.  Back in March, I picked up a Logitech Master MX3 mouse and found it let me use the horizontal scroll wheel to adjust bruch size, which was nice and saved me a lot of time retouching photos.  Ot I could assign other functions to the horizontal scroll wheel using Logitech Options, the software that came with the mouse.  When I upgraded Photoshop to v. 22 a few days ago, I lost this functionality with the mouse.  Sometimes it would work and other times not.  Now, it never works.  I tried making adjustments in Logitech Options, in Photoshop Preferences/Tool.  Nothing worked.  I don't know if this is a Photoshop or Logitech issue.  Any ideas of how to fix it?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jus to follow-up, I went to Edit/Preferences/Peformance and unchecked the "Use Graphic Processor" square.  That seemed to do the trick, though now I cannot access other features.  My graphics processor is a GeForce RTX 2060.  This computers is less than a year old.  Not sure if the issue was the process or Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned above, I've noticed this issue might have something to do with the graphics processor settings.  I have a GeForce RTX 2060.  In Photoshop, if I go into Edit/Preferences/Performance and uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" and then close and restart Photoshop, I seem to get the functionality of the horizontal scroll wheel again -- at least sometimes.  I might have to open and close Logitech Options again, too.  The problem with this solution is that then other features that depend on Open CL are disabled.  Also, it is not 100% foolproof.  Even stranger, if I go back and check the box for "Use Graphics Processor" and then close and re-open Photoshop, there is a good chance that the horizontal scroll wheel still will work for adjusting brush size -- again only sometimes.  With the latest version of Photoshop CC (v. 22), there seems to be some conflict between Logitech, Photoshop and the graphics processor.  I did not have any problems with the prior version of Photoshop CC -- the problems started after the recent update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm dealing with the same issue. Did you by any chance find a solution? It's very annoying, because it slows down my editing process..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with my MX MASTER 3. The horizontal scroll wheel does not work. I really need it in my workflow to adjust my brush size. I have searched the web and found nothing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same issue for weeks, uninstalled and re-instlalled, I get an error everytime Photoshop starts saying extension not properly signed, the actual LogiOptions version installed is the latest 8.36.76.0 the extension error refers to 8.36.40.0... meaning LogiOption installer is packaged with the wrong extension in Photoshop for the installed version? Anyone else getting this?

I bought my MX 3 (Mac) about 4 months ago, (OS x Catalina) only ever had the brush size working for the first 2 weeks, with software updates after that no brush size options have worked since, beginning to think its just a marketing rip-off and will never work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I have found an answer and will post it asap if people still need it?

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Euan, I am sure I am not the only one still struggling with this, theres quite a lot on the Logitech user forum as well, exactly the same issue. From that site I get the impression that Logitech are still working on an update, fingers crossed.

However, if you have found a way to resolve, happy to give it a shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lets see if you have the same settings in your LogiOptions menus before I suggest the

way to fix it.

For me when I have it open to make specific assignments for the horizontal scroll wheel

I get the following: ( I have both PS 2019 and PS 2021 installed )

For PS (2019) I get the brush size option:

Screenshot_28_12_2020__10_22.jpg

For PS 2021 there is no brush size option:

Screenshot_28_12_2020__10_22.jpg

So my first thought was to assign  keystrokes to the horizontal wheel.

[ and ] are the keyboard shortcuts for increase and decrease the brush size.

This works but is a bit clunky.

Did your LogiOptions look like these?

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention that there is always the original mouse method to adjust brush size:

https://youtu.be/on8H6PxtHEY?t=61

To be honest I find this more useful than the horizontal scroll wheel method.

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure of you are on Mac or Windows, but on Mac I can get the

brush size back for the horizontal scroll -

Screenshot_28_12_2020__10_32.jpg

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a Mac a 6 month old 16" MBP, running Catalina, yes the option is there but it does not work!

I get this everytime Photoshop opens...

Screenshot 2020-12-10 at 07.59.01.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok,  two things,

1) I am not running Catalina

2) There is an update ( at least for Mac ) 

Logitech_Options_–_Logitech_Support___Download.jpg

Worth a try perhaps?

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running the latest version. LogiMgr Installer 8.36.76

I have totally removed old version, re-booted and re-installed, always the same error and no brush size function that works.

The app is packaged with and installs the wrong version extension 8.36.40. Only LogiTech know why they have done this. This is an issue many users have on the LogiTech forum, its well reported, thats why we are all waiting for them to produce the next update, which may fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies, I didn't read / understand your issue correctly.

If you run LogiOptions and choose more from the front page, bottom right,

then click on software, what does it show as the Software version?

Mine is as below:

Banners_and_Alerts.jpg

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed version is 8.36.76.. it cant even diplay the text lines itself properly... just about sums it up, thanks for your assiatance on this.

I think the best and only option is the Photoshop built in shortcut option of CTRL+Option moving left and right to change brush size and up and down to change softness, this works, its fast, more flexible and does what Logitech clearly cant do

Screenshot 2021-01-05 at 15.15.50.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI -- Both Logitech and Adobe recently issued updates that seem to have fixed this issue for me on my PC.  I can use the horizontal scroll wheel to change brush size in most cases when runing Photoshop CC.  It does not work when I am  in Liquify mode, and it may not work in some other specialized modes or when using some 3rd part filters -- I am not sure.  However, having this feature back for most of my work is terrific.  I installed the most recent Logitech Options update and the msot recent Photoshop update.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought the MX3 and installed the latest Logitech software running on my Mac (Big Sur 11.1), and I am having the same "8.36.40" extension issue. The current version of Photoshop (CC) is not loading the correct Logitech's 8.36.76 extension. Seems like Logitech and/or Adobe still haven't figured it out for Mac users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is certainly something strange going on.

When I run LogiOptions it reposrts the latest level of software as in my post above: 8.36.76

Yet, when I dig in and look at where the LogiOptions extension lives on my mac: 

CSXS.jpg

Inside the manifest file, it clearly shows option 8.36.40.0

and the host version for Photoshop as "18.0"

Despite this, it works correctly on my Mojave level Mac.

I am unable to test this as I have no machine on a higher level of OS

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also getting the same, on a new M1 MacBook Pro 13, Logitech MX Master 3 Mac, Photoshop 22.1.0 and Logi Options 8.36.76 (as far as I can tell. When I start Photoshop I get this pop-up window, but when I try to follow the Adobe link, it takes me to a 404 Error page. All of the assigned buttons on the mouse work fine, except for the side wheel. Frankly, to control brush size & hardness, the <control + option + left click> command works better for me, but I wouldn't mind re-assigning the side wheel to something else. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also getting the same, on a new M1 MacBook Pro 13, Logitech MX Master 3 Mac, Photoshop 22.1.0 and Logi Options 8.36.76 (as far as I can tell. When I start Photoshop I get this pop-up window, but when I try to follow the Adobe link, it takes me to a 404 Error page. All of the assigned buttons on the mouse work fine, except for the side wheel. Frankly, to control brush size & hardness, the <control + option + left click> command works better for me, but I wouldn't mind re-assigning the side wheel to something else. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG, it's the middle of March 2021 and still no solution neather Adobe nor Logitech!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having been updated to PhotoShop v22.3 via CC, I'm not getting the pop-up any more; but I'm still not getting any joy with customising the keys on my mouse. 😩

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

v22.3.0 - I'm still getting the warning

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only after updating PS to 22.4 (Mac) did this prompt appear both on my iMac and MBP. Tried a variety of steps to correct, including deleting the PS preferences in Logitech Options etc. but none work. Strange that the error prompt did not start appearing until now given what others have posted here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines