Highlighted

Logitech MX Master 3 Horizontal Scroll Wheel

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Photoshop CC for a while now.  Back in March, I picked up a Logitech Master MX3 mouse and found it let me use the horizontal scroll wheel to adjust bruch size, which was nice and saved me a lot of time retouching photos.  Ot I could assign other functions to the horizontal scroll wheel using Logitech Options, the software that came with the mouse.  When I upgraded Photoshop to v. 22 a few days ago, I lost this functionality with the mouse.  Sometimes it would work and other times not.  Now, it never works.  I tried making adjustments in Logitech Options, in Photoshop Preferences/Tool.  Nothing worked.  I don't know if this is a Photoshop or Logitech issue.  Any ideas of how to fix it?

TOPICS
Feature request, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Logitech MX Master 3 Horizontal Scroll Wheel

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Photoshop CC for a while now.  Back in March, I picked up a Logitech Master MX3 mouse and found it let me use the horizontal scroll wheel to adjust bruch size, which was nice and saved me a lot of time retouching photos.  Ot I could assign other functions to the horizontal scroll wheel using Logitech Options, the software that came with the mouse.  When I upgraded Photoshop to v. 22 a few days ago, I lost this functionality with the mouse.  Sometimes it would work and other times not.  Now, it never works.  I tried making adjustments in Logitech Options, in Photoshop Preferences/Tool.  Nothing worked.  I don't know if this is a Photoshop or Logitech issue.  Any ideas of how to fix it?

TOPICS
Feature request, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 31, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jus to follow-up, I went to Edit/Preferences/Peformance and unchecked the "Use Graphic Processor" square.  That seemed to do the trick, though now I cannot access other features.  My graphics processor is a GeForce RTX 2060.  This computers is less than a year old.  Not sure if the issue was the process or Photoshop.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 01, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned above, I've noticed this issue might have something to do with the graphics processor settings.  I have a GeForce RTX 2060.  In Photoshop, if I go into Edit/Preferences/Performance and uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" and then close and restart Photoshop, I seem to get the functionality of the horizontal scroll wheel again -- at least sometimes.  I might have to open and close Logitech Options again, too.  The problem with this solution is that then other features that depend on Open CL are disabled.  Also, it is not 100% foolproof.  Even stranger, if I go back and check the box for "Use Graphics Processor" and then close and re-open Photoshop, there is a good chance that the horizontal scroll wheel still will work for adjusting brush size -- again only sometimes.  With the latest version of Photoshop CC (v. 22), there seems to be some conflict between Logitech, Photoshop and the graphics processor.  I did not have any problems with the prior version of Photoshop CC -- the problems started after the recent update.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0