• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Longitude east coordinates corrupt after export/save metadata

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reported the coordinate bug also in the family forum. Trying to see if I can get some kind of attention here as well.

There is an error in the Longitude East implementation in element organizer. This is visible after saving metadata or exporting the files.I checked the format with EXIF reader sw.

Original data

original_coordinates.JPG

Elements output
elements_coordinates.JPG
Longitude 17,55 is converted to 17, longituderef missing.

Most external sw cannot read this format, probably because of missing decimals. Windows Photo and Icloud can read it and uses the long E according to above, 17 degree. In this case around 50-55 km's off. If you are just above a degree the error will not be as significant.

I am using Elements 19. 

Should be easy to correct. long W is working so it should be straight forward to just compare the difference in the implementation between W and E.

I can accept a rounding of the coordinates but this big error makes the element organizer useless. I can not save any tags as this also corrupts the coordinates. The position is ok within the element organizer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If its  a Photoshop Element 18 Problem you should ask in the  Photoshop Elements Forum if the bug has been fixed  in the newer Photoshop Elements versions.  Adobe does not fix old version of the software. Here is a link you can use Photoshop Elements 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks !, I will try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines