• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looking for brush files in Mac Time Machine Backup

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm struggling to find where photoshop brush files are stored in my Mac Time Machine backups. I logged on one day and all my custom and downloaded brushes were just.... gone from the brush panel. I've been cleaning up my hard drive so I'm worried I accidentally deleted them somehow (which is odd in the first place because I can't imagine how I would have deleted anything from the applications folders ???) I have plenty of Time Machine backups from before The Event but don't know where to find the brush files. Applications > Adobe Photoshop 2021 > Presets > Brushes just reveals a file called "Legacy Brushes.abr" which I restored and found contained only brushes I had literally never seen or used before. I'm running CC 2021 on Mojave OS 10.14.6. I had lots of brushes I had customized myself and also lots that I had downloaded that aren't available anymore/I didn't keep track of where I got them from so I really want to find the files in my backups! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This should tell you:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/using-time-machine-for-mac-where-will-i-find-my-brushes-fro...

Tilde "~" is the shortcut symbol for your Home Directory where your custom brushes, patterns and shapes are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines