• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looking to create a complex script in Photoshop

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using photoshop for a while to create many things, but I have been using it recently to make Magic the Gathering proxy cards for kitchen table use. To make them I have 100ish JPGs in a folder that need to all be made the same size. They then need to be added to N number of pages, 9 on each sheet, and arranged in a 3x3 layout with no space in between them so they are easier to cut out.

I have been, in the past, been opening them all individually, copying them 1 by 1 to a blank page, and then moving them 1 by 1 into the correct positions.

Aim: printing numerous proxies from HQ pictures
Methods:
- transformation of the HQ pictures so that their print size matches the size of a real mtg card,

750×1050 pixels at 300dpi
- creation of N "contact-sheet"-like pages (Letter format) with 9 cards on each

If someone out there knows how to do this and can help me, I would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJMack's Photo Collage Toolkit should get this done fast.

All you need to do is setup a template image with alpha channels for the 9 cards and follow the 4 rules:

http://www.mouseprints.net/old/dpr/PhotoCollageToolkit.html

I don't know if your card images will work correctly as is or if you will need to pre-process them first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That depends on what they exactly want to do. If my tools kit can do what they want done. There are always condition. If all their image do not have the same aspect ratio or the correct aspect ratio that the template has for the image they can not all be size the same size without content being changed by my scripts. Some of their content will be lost or borders added.  My scripts will not distort image resizing them and if they use mockups and fit images there will be border on images that do not have the correct aspect ratio. If they do not use fit image image with the wrong aspect ratio will lose content. 

Template are very easy to create and populate.  However there may be conditions the must be meet to be able to do exactly what they want done. Image must have the correct aspect ratio for the template if you can not tolerated loosing any content or gaining borders.  If their image vary is size and aspect ratio processing the file may be a monumental job.   

You can not change an image aspect ratio without changing the imags's composition. You have the same Problem my script have to address. Do you Crop add boarders or distort.   There is code is  my collage scripts to virtually crop the resized image to the correct aspect ratio or shape. By masking the resized image for the template's image.  The Mockup script can also do that image will be clipped by the smart objects canvas size in addition they have an option to do a fit image instead  which will add boarders not lose content by being clipped by the smart object canvas size.  My script will not distort images to size. There is no attempt to do a content aware recompose image like Adobe like use Adobe Content-aware-rescale.  I do not like distortion recomposing an image will only produce an acceptable composition for small changes of aspect ratio and not even always for small changes in aspect ratio for image content also play a roll.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines