Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Losing pressure sensitivity when holding shift

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there!

I used to click shift while drawing when I wanted a straight line (horizontal or vertical) but since I got Photoshop 2020, when I use shift it loses all the pressure sensitivity. I changed my tablet (from Wacom to Huion) soon after I changed the Photoshop version, and I don't know if the problem is with Photoshop's configuration, if its not possible to do this anymore on 2020 or if its lacking compatibility with Huion.

Can someone help me, please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, you could try to check if the behaviour change is due to your tablet by installing an older version: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.ug.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this exact same issues and I noticed it after I switched to my Huion tablet. It's really annoying. Have you had any luck fixing it or finding a work around?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No luck, apparently it really is an issue with huion. My wacom works normally in this photoshop version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

no clue if it helps but I had some issues with PhotoShop after installing gimp and tried to adjust pressure settings for it.

I had to reinstall PS and it worked after uninstalling gimp. Not a good solution as I had to reconfigure some brushes but it seems somehow those programs interfered with the driver.

Maybe in your case the drivers interfere with the programs.

I also had the same problem changing from PS 2019 to 2020 with my old cintiq and solved it using the old PS version. Sadly and shortly after that I had to find out that my old system was not supported anymore.

Still both things were a solution at that point.

Good luck with it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines