• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Losing work because of Smart Object Save Location

Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, I'm really struggling with this and I nearly lost a bunch of work today (and plenty of other times) because of this reoccuring problem.

Here's the scenario - I have a PSD file with a bunch of sketches in it that are linked smart objects. I double-click the smart object to edit the contents and work lots of detail into the file. I save the image (Ctrl+S) thinking I am saving the linked file in it's original location amongst my document folders BUT what is really happening is Photoshop has created a duplicate of the file and hidden it deep in a cache folder and that's where all the hours of new work is being saved. So when I go looking for the latest artwork I have a freak out because all I can see in my document folders is the original early artwork before I double clicked that smart object. Now all that work is stored precariously in a temp cache I can't access or search. 

This is so frustrating and scary at times because I forget to force a save in my document folders. Does anyone else have this issue with smart objects??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?