• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost access to all my Adoble photo apps

New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to boot my various Photoshop apps,  Lightroom, and Acrobat DC on my desktop Mac Retina computer (5K late 2014) running on Catalina, a blank white box appears and hangs on the screen (see pic). This occured after I purchased a new Macbook Pro and migrated my apps from my older Macbook Air to the new laptop. I've read elsewere here that this is a problem with activation due to the Adobe apps being on too many computers (3), so I unistalled all my Adobe apps on the older Macbook Air. That didn't solve the problem. I can't find any information on the Adobe website where to deregister a computer, but I assumed that uninstalling the apps from my older Macbook Air would do that. Photoshop 2020 works on my new laptop, however, Lightroom does not open. I'm in the middle of a project and am really in a pickle.  Can't figure how or where to chat with Adobe staff. So any help from the community be appreciated.

Screen Phot Photoshop.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update your Creative Cloud Desktop App.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding, Kevein. Much appreicated. My CC app is up to date. Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say "migrated" did you reinstall the apps or copy over from a backup or other means? That never works reliably.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding.

I used Apple’s Migration Assistant to move all the apps and files from the Macbook Air over to the new Macbook Pro. The source was a Time Machine backup file for the Macbook Air on an external hard disk.

The main problem is actually on my Retina Mac running Catalina. None of my Adobe apps now work, including Acrobat DC, will boot on my Retina Mac. I get that empty white box, and when I close the box, the app closes, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall. Then install the CC app, sign in, and install the apps from there.

You don't need to de-register any more with CC. You can sign in and out of the CC app and will be prompted to do so if you attempt to sign in on a third computer.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jane, Much appreciated. When I try to unistall CC, a dialogue box appears that says I cannot do that, because I have apps on the comuputer that rely on it. Do I need to uninstall all my Adobe apps? Cheers. Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh no, that wont work correctly. 

As Jane said uninstall - if you get the error message go to Activity Monitor and terminate any Adobe processes. 

If that still doesn't work - run the CC Cleaner Tool (link below) then install fresh. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, Thanks for you help -- again so much appreciated. I've now done everything recommended above, but it hasn't solved the problem. Indeed, if I download a new Adobe app like Rush using the refreshed CC, that has not perviously been on my computer, the same problem crops up. That big big white empty fat box appears and when closed, the app closes. This occurs across all my Adobe apps on my 5K Retina Mac (2014) running Catalina OS. I need to get advice with someone from Adobe but don't know how to access those folks -- am having difficulty finding an access point here. Any suggestions from anyone? Thanks. Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Customer Care can take over your computer and help troubleshoot:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11875703 

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to correct the problem by uninstalling all my Adobe apps, and then reinstalling. In the case of Acrobat Pro DC, that white box finally filled with the option to deregister my old Macbook Air laptop, which I did. That corrected the problem for Acrobat. In the case of Lightroom and Photoshop, they just started working again, with no white boxes appearing. However, I was unable to find or download Photoshop 2020 or Photoshop 2019, which I had been using previously. Don't know why. Thanks all for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@philipj67232101 wrote:

I was unable to find or download Photoshop 2020 or Photoshop 2019, which I had been using previously. Don't know why. Thanks all for your help!

You're welcome, Philip. You should be able to download PS 2020 from the CC app. Click the ellipses to the right of Photoshop, then choose "Other Versions". https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

For PS 2019 you can get a direct download from here: https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2019-direct-download-links.html

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines