Highlighted

Lost Eyedropper Sample Ring with 22.0.1 Version

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upon installing 22.0.1 update from 22.0.0, the Eyedropper Sample Ring stopped working. Use Sample Ring is checked. Reset "Use GPU", changed wheel to panel, restarted PS, rebooted, etc. Finally, I rolled back to 22.0.0 and Sample Ring works again. Checked DirectX version is 12 and GPU is a Radeon 6 with 2 gb. So something went wrong with the new 22.0.1 update. I hope Adobe pays attention to these boards.

[Edit from moderator: "20" changed to "22" after OP corrected himself in a subsequent post.]

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by jane-e | Adobe Community Professional

Adobe is aware of this bug in 22.0.1 and has reported that engineering is looking into a fix. Add comments to this thread:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/photoshop-2201-eye-dropper-sampling-ring-missing/5fb5ab4c2bd82446a3a5ee71

~ Jane

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lost Eyedropper Sample Ring with 22.0.1 Version

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upon installing 22.0.1 update from 22.0.0, the Eyedropper Sample Ring stopped working. Use Sample Ring is checked. Reset "Use GPU", changed wheel to panel, restarted PS, rebooted, etc. Finally, I rolled back to 22.0.0 and Sample Ring works again. Checked DirectX version is 12 and GPU is a Radeon 6 with 2 gb. So something went wrong with the new 22.0.1 update. I hope Adobe pays attention to these boards.

[Edit from moderator: "20" changed to "22" after OP corrected himself in a subsequent post.]

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by jane-e | Adobe Community Professional

Adobe is aware of this bug in 22.0.1 and has reported that engineering is looking into a fix. Add comments to this thread:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/photoshop-2201-eye-dropper-sampling-ring-missing/5fb5ab4c2bd82446a3a5ee71

~ Jane

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 17, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is not much support since you are back 2 versions from current.

Have you tried installing 21.x version (2020) and see if the issue persists?

Kevin Stohlmeyer Adobe Community Professional/Adobe Certified Instructor

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is in 22.0.1 version 21 is good.   Photshop 2021 has many issues and new issues have been add in the 22.01 update.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2020 1
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My error, I meant version 22.00.0 to 22.0.1 (2020)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've experienced the same issue, I updated this morning and as I attempted to edit I immediately noticed the Eyedropper Sample Ring doesn't work. I'm going to give them 24 hours before I roll it back, maybe they'll read this and rectify this. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2020 0
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user to user forum, where sometimes Adobe will chime in.

If you have a bug to report this is where to do it:

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, on V. 22.0.1, and the color sample ring is also missing from the brush tool when you press opt (mac)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2020 0
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not being snarky just asking - have you all confirmed that the "Show Sampling Ring" option is clicked active in the eyedropper options?

I'm running CC2020 and 2021 on a newer Macbook Pro.

When I installed CC2021, I chose not to bring over my preferences. The sampling ring option was off to start.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, yes "Show sampling ring" is active.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2020 1
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, it's "clicked" that why I decided to look for assisatnce in fixing this thing.... has anyone heard anything regarding a fix?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, I have the same problem with the new version 2021, the sampling ring does not work when it is checked. I had to roll back to a previous version 2020 and the sampling ring works again. Any news about to fix this issue? thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem on Win10, PS 22.0.1

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 0