Highlighted

Lost layers between LR and PS cataloging issue

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an issue that I hope someone can help me with. I have been Using LR CC as my catalog/file storage for a couple years without any issue.

My workflow sends the Image from LRCC to PS. I do my work, add layers etc and then save-close. The image always appears in LRCC as a flat image as it should but I have always been able to come back later, open LRCC,  right click - open in photoshop- and the image is there with layers in tact ready for me to continue with the project or adjust any edits. Well a few days ago something happened and LRCC will no longer send any layers into PS. It arrives in Ps as a flattened image.

Odd side note. If I do the above save sequence but then come back, open PS first and click open lightroom file then it opens and the layers are in fact there. But at that point the only further save options are to the cloud or another space. the option just to save it back to the LR Catalog is no longer avaialble with this sequence. so it is really not a viable work around.

Anyone have an idea what has happened or what setting may have inadvertently been changed? 

* this is on a mac 2019 1/2 catalina OS 10.15.7 . with 40g of ram. it is not a hardware issue.

I spent 2 hours with a tech support who finally gave up and told me that my original workflow was not an option on CC and I would have to use Classic. I have never used Classic and it IS definitely is an option. 

thank you in advance for any help

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lost layers between LR and PS cataloging issue

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an issue that I hope someone can help me with. I have been Using LR CC as my catalog/file storage for a couple years without any issue.

My workflow sends the Image from LRCC to PS. I do my work, add layers etc and then save-close. The image always appears in LRCC as a flat image as it should but I have always been able to come back later, open LRCC,  right click - open in photoshop- and the image is there with layers in tact ready for me to continue with the project or adjust any edits. Well a few days ago something happened and LRCC will no longer send any layers into PS. It arrives in Ps as a flattened image.

Odd side note. If I do the above save sequence but then come back, open PS first and click open lightroom file then it opens and the layers are in fact there. But at that point the only further save options are to the cloud or another space. the option just to save it back to the LR Catalog is no longer avaialble with this sequence. so it is really not a viable work around.

Anyone have an idea what has happened or what setting may have inadvertently been changed? 

* this is on a mac 2019 1/2 catalina OS 10.15.7 . with 40g of ram. it is not a hardware issue.

I spent 2 hours with a tech support who finally gave up and told me that my original workflow was not an option on CC and I would have to use Classic. I have never used Classic and it IS definitely is an option. 

thank you in advance for any help

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 08, 2020 0

Have something to add?