Highlighted

Lost pen sensitivity after updating

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating to the latest version of Photoshop CC, I no loneger have pressure sensitivity with my Cintique HD22. It is NOT the fault of the Cintique. I have checked its operation in the Wacom app, and in other apps that use pressure sensitivity. It's just with Photoshop. How can I get this NEEDED functionalty back?? Thanks!

TOPICS
Bug, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lost pen sensitivity after updating

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating to the latest version of Photoshop CC, I no loneger have pressure sensitivity with my Cintique HD22. It is NOT the fault of the Cintique. I have checked its operation in the Wacom app, and in other apps that use pressure sensitivity. It's just with Photoshop. How can I get this NEEDED functionalty back?? Thanks!

TOPICS
Bug, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Have you checked Wacom to see if there is an update that works with your version of PS? Also, what platform are you working on--Mack or Win? And what operating system are you on?

Let us know,

Michelle

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 30, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Windows Phtoshop 21.2.2 has Issues in Supporting Pens most likely there are also issue On Mac.   I do not know what interface is use on Mac for Pen support.  Microsoft INK is not on mac  so I would think the interface on mac would be like a WinTab API.  Adobe broke its Photoshop WinTab Support on Windows in the 21.1 update and in the 21.2.2. Windows updated Pen Pressure does not function at all using Witab  And there are Pen support problem using INK api on windows. 

Windows Users should regress toe Photoshop update 21.0.3 and use WinTanbApplication interface.  Its likely that Adobe also introduced issues ins Mac pen support

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 30, 2020 0
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a link that may help you.

Keep a look out for yhe updates that mention the Pen pressure: https://helpx.adobe.com/be_en/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-fonts-photoshop.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2020 0
davescm LATEST
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you were previously using Wintab (by adding PSUserConfig.txt file to your Photoshop settings folder) then you need to change to Windows Ink to get pen pressure with V21.2.2

To do that :
1. Set the Wacom to use Windows Ink for Photoshop

2. Remove the PSUserConfig.txt file

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2020 0