• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost 'saved' print

Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I worked on the now lost print about 1 month ago, and saved multiple times. In fact there was more than one version and, I thought, in a file I created as usual.

I had been  retrieving the print to continue working on  from of 'recent items' so hadn't checked it was stored on Bridge where it should be.

Now, as  I have done other things in the meanwhile, it is, of course, no longer listed in recent items ...and nowhere to be found.

Worse still I cant remember exactly what I called it although obviously I would recogise the title if I saw it. I pretty sure I know the main word but I might have added 'near' or 'view' .  Other things I have created since are stored perfectly well.

I can't understand how the search mechanism works...I tried but it came up with nothing matches...etc

I know roughly when I was working on it...fundamentally in September. Everything else I have been doing is on Bridge where it should be.

It represents a weeks work at least. If anyone can help I will be VERY grateful!  It has to be somewhere. (I checked the bin and no sign)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search your entire drive using Windows Explorer (or Mac Finder) using the bit of the name you know and put an asterisk before and after and also as the filetype.

So search for *knownname*.*    That should pull up all files containing the words that you do know and hopefully will show you where your file is stored.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition, if you are on a Mac, you can click the plus symbol to add parameters. In this sample, I said:

• The Kind is an image. If you know it was a PSD, you can say "Name > Ends with > .psd"
  • Last opened: within 6 weeks
  • Name: I added as much as I could remember ā€” in this case that there was a letter "a" somewhere in the name.

You can then click the headings to sort by name, date, etc. Be sure to choose "This Mac" and not the current folder.

jane-e_0-1602013854031.png

I don't know if Windows has the same filters.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot. I will try that tomorrow when I feel stronger! ...and let you know. Its a PC not a Mac for the record. Julia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines