Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

low quality printing - photoshop

New Here ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

I imported a plant made in Archicad in Photoshop, modified it and created the final plant in A3 format.

I tried to print directly from Photoshop, from pdf and png but the print quality is always low and the edges are not well defined.

I attach all the files here.

How can I improve the quality?

Thanks so much

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How large are you trying to print the image? In reviewing the PSD file it appears to be rather small and based on a typical 300ppi resolution for printing you'd be roughly 3x4 inches.

warmly/j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I printed it in A3 format

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop is a difficult choice for editing CAD work because you're degrading vectors to raster. You may have to do this, but you need to take charge of the math, and pick suitable image size. Don't just drift along accepting defaults, take control at every step. A3 will be an enormous slow file if done right. I haven't looked at your files but it seems right: you made a file suitable for printing at 3x4 inches (75x100mm) only. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok, so I have to set an higher resolution? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines