• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR to PS - not opening as layers in PS

Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, My name is Joe, my wife Jennifer and I are having technical issues with the lack of functionality for the new LR and PS updates.

I had the same exact issue about 1-2 months ago after updating to the new versions of PS and LR and I reverted my LR and PS back to the old ones. They were having some functionality issues so I decided to make the update again, and it's still having the same exact issue I complained about two months ago. It's a very common basic LR to PS function so I'm quite perplexed as to why it's not been fixed yet.

I can't be the only professional that has complained about this technical issue. Which is the following:

When I select a raw image from LR and Right Click "Edit In" and then select "Open as layers in Photoshop". It WILL NOT open them as layers in photo shop. It opens them as two different images and two different tabs, but it does not open them as layers in the layers panel. My computer is up to date. My LR is up to date, my Camera RAW is up to date, and my PS is up to date. I am not looking to have anyone remotely help with this problem as last time whomever tried to help had my on the phone for over and hour and completely erased all of my catalogs and presets. I want this complaint to be sent to whomever it needs to in order to have this technical issue fixed. Completing composites is a huge part of our work flow and right now we're not able to do that efficiently due to this glitch.

Any help would be so appreciated! 

Joe 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never done this command before - learn something new every day.

I went in to Lightroom Classic, chose a dng and a jpg and chose open as layers and it worked. I'm on a Mac. I don't know why it's not working for you.

Maybe as a temp work around you can try using Bridge - this will only be speed efficient if your images are in the same folder. Right click, show in finder / explorer, drag the image onto the Bridge icon, select your images and in Bridge you can go to Tools, Photoshop, Load files into PS Layers. You can also drag and drop into PS - which I'm sure you already know. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same thing happen, and it seems like there should be a simple fix, have you found a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tell us the exact version numbers in Lr/PS/ACR. Not just "up to date".

It works perfectly here. Selected three files in Lr and "open as layers":

layers.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issue...selected 6 images in LR and Open as Layers...no dice.  All since new updates...le sigh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines