• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

luminance, luminance detail

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

since this update in photoshop, when im editing raw photos i can no longer see or find the luminance, luminance detail settings that use to be with the sharpening settings. it is very frustrating....does anyone know where these settings are now since it has updated?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Engaged ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's now under Detail. Open the "flippy-thingie" (technical-speak for disclosure triangle 😄 ) and you'll see it (see screenshot). Note that each of the options within that window also have "flippy-thingies" to open as well. You probably already discovered that, but I think the actual adjustment sliders have been somewhat simplified (of course, luminance is a noise reduction option, not sharpening) so now they call it simply Noise Reduction and Color Noise Reduction, but it's essentially the same thing I believe. Perhaps someone from Adobe will drop by and confirm that.

GlennPhotos_0-1592564714978.png

Apple Studio (M1 Max), 1 TB SSD, 32 GB RAM, Wacom Cintiq 24 Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you found that yet?! Iam looking for the same 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The answer I gave just above your post is the correct one. I believe "Luminance" was a Color Noise Reduction slider which has been replaced by the slider called "Smoothness", but basically they do the same thing. There is no slider called "Luminance" now.

Apple Studio (M1 Max), 1 TB SSD, 32 GB RAM, Wacom Cintiq 24 Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines