Luts colour changed since 2021 upgrade. HELP!

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the 2021 Photoshop upgrade, the LUTS I always use no longer looks the same. Its darker.. more blue.. just everything about it has changed. How can I fix this problem? Im super bummed about it. You will have to explain to me in the simplest way possible because Im not very techy. Can anyone help me?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Luts colour changed since 2021 upgrade. HELP!

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the 2021 Photoshop upgrade, the LUTS I always use no longer looks the same. Its darker.. more blue.. just everything about it has changed. How can I fix this problem? Im super bummed about it. You will have to explain to me in the simplest way possible because Im not very techy. Can anyone help me?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 16, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have uninstalled the previous version of Photoshop, you can re-install it in the Creative Cloud Desktop application. (Do not uninstall your current version of Photoshop.) Click the 3 dots and select Other Versions. If you already have the previous version of Photoshop installed, you can skip this step.

image.png

Open the previous version of Photoshop. 

Open a file that has a Background layer. It must have a Background layer.

In the Layers panel, add a Color Lookup adjustment layer.

Select File > Export > Color Lookup Tables.

Enter a description in the Color Lookup Table dialog box.

Enter a value in the Grid Points field (0-256). A higher value for this field creates bigger files having higher quality. 

Select a format, click OK, and save the file.

You can quit the previous version of Photoshop.

Open the 2021 version of Photoshop, and open a file.

Add a Color Lookup adjustment layer.

In the Color Lookup adjustment layer, click Load 3D LUT, and navigate to the color lookup table you saved from the previous version of Photoshop.

image.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2020 1
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much Barbara  i did what you said and when I went to load the lut, this is the message I got  6E68F5D5-BB11-47F9-823A-17E7B118E2B1.jpeg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2020 0
Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try dragging the lookup table file that you saved into this folder:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2021\Presets\3DLUTs

By the way, when I tried comparing the LUTs in Photoshop 2021 with the previous version, on my computer they look the same. Have you tried the LUTs on multiple images on your computer? If you're getting the same color problem with more than one image, there may be a bug in 2021, although I'm not experiencing it on my computer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2020 1
Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, could you post a screenshot showing the problem, there might be a wrong setting somewhere, so make sure to have the layers panel, the option bar, the titlebar of the document. A video would be a good idea as well.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 17, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ya i feel like somethings happening with settings. Any chance you or anyone can remotely access my computer and try to seewhats happening? Im seriously terrible at computers lol

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 17, 2020 0
Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be very careful about letting someone access your computer. 
if there is a problem with settings you could reset preferences. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 17, 2020 0
Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 17, 2020 0