• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fixed: Dragging layers between files is not working in Photoshop

Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drag and drop of layers between files is not working.

I'm dragging a layer from an RGB file to a CMYK one and it's not working.

It used to be in past versions.

I'm on the latest version:

Adobe Photoshop Version: 21.2.1 20200716.r.265

Mac OS Catalina latest version: 10.15.6

Anyone knows how to fix?

{Moderator Note: Edited the thread title, PS-51596}

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Hi there,

We are happy to announce the release of Photoshop 21.2.2 that should resolve this issue.

This update includes fixes to some of the top customer reported issues among other bug fixes. See Bug fixes and security updates

To update Photoshop to 21.2.2, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. See: More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 104 Replies 104
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We're sorry for the dragging layer issue on another document. We're are aware of this issue and our engineering team working on the fix. In the meanwhile, you can right-click on the layer > Select Duplicate and choose the destination as a workaround.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same things are happening with my photoshop and I could solve this using reinstall the software on my system and run to open file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I heve faced same proble with my Photoshop. I can't do any Image Editing

Color Experts India offers exceptional photo editing services that meet the needs of our clients. We have been providing our services since 2013 and have the experience and skills of providing high-quality services. At Color Experts India, we believe that the reason for being in business is to help our clients meet their needs. Our largest photo editing studios are modern and up to date with the latest best technology available for your best photo editing company of choice since our customers deserve nothing if not the best for every available retouching service. The vast facilities are available and spacious studios provide room for creativity and proper unlimited coordination capacity to ensure the possible outcome is not in any way tampered with. Tripod shades, External flash, digital cameras, multimedia equipment and proper digital labs are just a glimpse of what is in store for you at Color Experts India.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "workaround" offered by Hohit works. In fact I like it better than dragging and dropping. Less chance of error. 

"right-click on the layer > Select Duplicate and choose the destination as a workaround."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dragging Layers to others tabs documents fail in Photoshop version 21.2.1 I had to roll back .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that hear that you cannot drag layers between two documents in Photoshop 21.2.1

• Does the problem occurs with all the documents you work with?
  • If you're using RGB in one document and CMYK in another, some adjustment layers won't transfer over.

Would you mind sharing a screenshot or a short video illustrating the problem so that we may try reproducing it at our end?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been reported here several times and its also been reported to Adobe. Its is a new problem.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry for the dragging layer issue on another document. We're are aware of this issue and our engineering team working on the fix. In the meanwhile, you can right-click on the layer > Select Duplicate and choose the destination as a workaround.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's Now fixed with the latest update.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You received an update today? To what version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

As soon as I turned the computer on, it told me that the Adobe Creative Cloud had been updated.

Version I'm on: Adobe Photoshop Version: 21.2.1 20200716.r.265 2020/07/16: 2b9692040b x64

Probably it was an Hotfix, but you can see it in the image attached.

Cheers

Screenshot 2020-07-30 at 15.08.13.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This only affects files in tabs. If you turn off tabs, it doesn't happen. Tested on both Mac and Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sure if you do the process Photoshop 19 and you can buy the licence original and this is possible for you to do somehow many of this has problems I have faced this issue before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same drag and drop issue, using Windows 10, and went back to 21.2. where it works. Good to know Adobe is working on a fix. But it might be a problem of the ICC profile. Because having another place and embed issue, and tried to explore more about it, I found out that I can not place a pds file into another one, if its Color Profile is different from the Basic Profile that you can define in the color properties (not really sure about the menue name, working on a German Version). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I face this issue and today I just try to test and reproduce.

If I pick the layer and try to drag to other file in tab didn´t work.

If I try the workaround to do the same with both mouse buttons pressend, works fine.

If I pick the layer image into the workspace area (aka the image) and drag it to other tab works perfect as I do copy/paste.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Came here to report this as well.  Latest as of Aug 08

- Adobe Photoshop Version: 21.2.1 20200716.r.265 2020/07/16: 2b9692040b x64

Layers unlocked

Tried with different tools as active

Tried making the "dragee" layer a smart object

I notice it's not even highlighting the target tab, so I'd guess it's not anything about the source location

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off tabs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got the same Issue on Win10 with PS 21.2.1 ... The first move (with pressed left mouse button) from layer panel to another's document tab works, then it fails. 

After reading the comments, tried the two-button-version and this works fine for me. Looks like, someone changed the behavior? Anyway, it's a still bit annoying for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ALMOST A MONTH LATER, THIS PROBLEM IS NOT SOLVED.

I've been experiencing the same problem for about a month and even though there was an update to PS today, the problem still exists.

I still can't drag and drop between tabs and it does not work using both buttons of my Logitech mouse. It DOES WORK if I have the two images next to each other in separate windows, but this is a huge hassle! COME ON, ADOBE, FIX THIS PROBLEM!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The »Correct Answer« is from an Adobe employee who acknowledges the issue, states that it is being worked on and gives work-arounds, so please do tell: Where is this thread marked as »Solved«? 

This is a user Forum, so you are not really addressing Adobe here, even though some Adobe employees thankfully have been dropping by.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is aware and is working on it. The solutions have been posted. Simplest is turn off tabs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to turn off tabs, when it's essential for your workflow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are several work arounds that have been posted, keep reading through
the posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you should, too. As I've already mentioned, the workaround with two mouse buttons helps (me), but the workaround to disable a function is not a workaround, that doesn't help anyone, if you have to use it in your workflow (so my answer was a bit of sarcastic...).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ITS BROKEN. ADOBE IS WORKING ON IT. You'll have to use a little different workflow for a minute. Software has bugs and this is a minor one in the grand scheme of things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines