M: Every drawing action snaps to upper left hand screen corner

Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i need help with a bug.

in almost all drawing tools (brush, pen, smudge, copy, eraser, etc...) , after i click and drag a little to draw something, the tool will snap to the upper left hand corner of the screen space.

- this is the uptodate version of creative cloud photoshop in Germany

- I tried resetting Photoshop to defaults (CTRL-SHIFT-ALT-Start)

- I tried resetting all tools to default via tool palette

- i tried resetting all brushes to defaults

- i tried restarting computer

- i tried disabling all other programms running (autohotkey, browser, mail-programs)

Hints are:

- if in brush i turn up "Smoothing (Glättung)" to something higher than 0% then the bug will not occur.

- the bug will only occur if a click-and-drag. Doing just clicks, it won't jump to the corner

- not all tools have a smoothing-% setting, and those tools i can't get to work.

Please help.

kind regards,

Stephan Möbius

problem.jpg

[Moderator Note: PS-37593]

Hi all,

Several folks over on our feedback forum have reported that last night's 21.1.1 update has resolved this for them.

For anybody still seeing this, can you;

• Update to 21.1.1
  • Let us know which version of Windows you're using and if the update fixes this for you?

Thanks & regards,

Pete

Topics

Bug, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i use the brush tool, or the lasso tool, whenever i release the mouse button the brush or selection snaps up to the corner, usually to the left. If I keep pressing down, it works as usual. 

I am using english version, Adobe Photoshop Version: 21.1.0 20200212.r.106 2020/02/12: 4dd027efb58 x64

on Windows 10, using a Logitech G Pro Gaming Mouse. Graphics card is a RTX 2070 Super, 8GB.

If I use the brush tool, and put strokes smoothing to anything higher then 0% the problem goes away. However this emergency fix is not applicable for the lasso tool or any other tool.

This problem does not happen with my tablet. 

I tried using my mouse in MS Paint, and Blender, no issues.

Did not have this issue yesterday, before my photoshop decided to update today.

I can see several people are having this issue on the forum.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Logitech 502 gaming mouse and can not reproduce tour problem. I use Logitech Gaming software to programs the 502 mouse functions.

image.pngimage.png

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thanks for the detailed report, it might help the engineers.

Did you post a thread on the https://feedbak.photoshop.com site? its purpose is to report bugs and submit feature requests.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're running a system with an unsupported graphics card that only has 256 MB of VRAM

glgpu[0].GLMemoryMB=256
glgpu[0].GLName="NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS "
glgpu[0].GLVendor="NVIDIA Corporation"

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/photoshop/system-requirements.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True, Ged, do you think this is the issue?

Where is the post of the guy from just minutes ago, who reported the exact same issue? tonyh23380909? Do you have an older graphics card, too?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone reported my reply as spam, so i posted my own topic. 😕

No i have a brand new RTX 2070 Super, 8GB. The whole computer is new, i assembled it two months ago.

And there is no issue in any other drawing app, this is isolated to photoshop. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it appears you're not the only one with the issue, as I said I can't reproduce it on my PC, I'm in work at the moment so will test it on my home PC when I finished work

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/brush-tool-lasso-tool-snaps-up-to-the-corner-when-using-a-m...

You can report it as a bug here

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Windows 7, 4  year old devices drivers for a video card that does not meet requirements is a problem.  You need to use an old Photoshop version for your OS and Hardware.

Its time to join the 21th Century

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I see that Stephan has two screens, do you also have two monitors? tried unplugging one?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disabled the second monitor in windows and restartet PS. The problem
persists.

@JJMack: please ignore me then and focus on tony, who has the same problem
on a Geforce RTX 2070.
(Regarding the gfx drivers, in my case, they're the last available
certified drivers from NVIDIA, from 2016, true.)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. 

I don't understand, since this morning I have a bug using the local corrector. 

I draw the thing but I have a line which is creating everytime. Do you know how I can fix that ?

Thank you very muchPB Correcteur.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're really sorry for the trouble. May I know which Photoshop version you are on now? Please update Photoshop to 21.1. version via Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop app and let us know if that helps to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Mohit

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's already the version I use. 21.1.0

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mohit, there are three threads with the same problem using different tools, and all users are on 21.1 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/bug-every-drawing-action-snaps-to-upper-left-hand-screen-co...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/bugs-in-v21-1-0/td-p/10933438?page=1

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/kopierstempel/td-p/10933520?page=1

FYI: Two of them had a localized version, but one tried with an English reinstall, and is facing the same problem.

One had a video card with low memory and old drivers, but another affected user has a recent videocard.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update. Looks like Windows 7 users are facing issues while using tools after the Photoshop 21.1. update. I have reported this further.

Thanks,

Mohit 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too 😉

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional Thread linked here:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/bug-report-multiple-tool-false-input-bug/td-p/10934798?page...

This issue is present on Windows 10 as well.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From this link: 
"- if in brush i turn up "Smoothing (Glättung)" to something higher than 0% then the bug will not occur."

FALSE - I was able to reproduce the bug at 10% smoothing on brush tools. Also occurs with selection tool & patch tool.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sophie, what is your operating system?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by operating system ? Windows ? I'm with windows 7

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, merci, utilises-tu une tablette graphique? avec Wintab? https://helpx.adobe.com/be_en/photoshop/kb/tablet-support-faq-photoshop.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Non pas de tablette

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good evening,
today I had a problem when I tried in photoshop to cut into a photo using the quick selection tool in the sense that when I tried to cut close to the person, a line appeared that crossed the whole photo. I mean, I've never been able to completely select a person. Maybe I'm not well understood but if you give me an email address I will send you a picture or a short video made with the phone so you can see and understand what I'm talking about. I changed the mouse to a new one. Same with the mouse pad but the problem persists. I uninstalled and reinstalled photoshop on PC. Yesterday everything worked fine, and today not without someone else walking to the PC to think that something has gone wrong.
Thanks

Screenshot_20200219_232800.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's another thread with the same issue, I'd suggest you report as a bug using the link I posted above and add a link to this thread

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/bug-with-local-corrector/td-p/10933873?page=1

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And another thread seems to be related too, making that 4 threads:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/bugs-in-v21-1-0/td-p/10933438?page=1

I guess we just have to wait for adobe to hot-fix this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you report it as a bug on the Adobe Feedback Forum

Adobe engineers don't monitor this forum, so unless it's reported on the appropriate forum Adobe won't know about it

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, there is a merged thread: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/bug-with-local-corrector/m-p/10934827?page=1#M307924

Please all affected users, go post, vote, and state the operating system, the pointing device you use, and any non-standard item you might have...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem: When using the following tools (confirmed with Paintbrush, Clone Stamp, Patch Tool, Section Tool), Photoshop Version 21.1.0 will unexpectedly create a false input to an unselected point on the canvas in a rough cone shape. This false input also has an associated history state. 

Note: This is NOT related to holding Shift when using tools like the clone stamp.

Clone Stamp FALSE Input BugClone Stamp FALSE Input Bug

TL;DR - Photoshop 21.1 has a potentially dangerous bug wherein if the user does not notice the false input, it could potentially ruin the work, costing time, money, etc.

See this bug happen during a live streaming editing session:
https://clips.twitch.tv/FunnySaltyEggPogChamp
(Other stream viewers experienced the same bug independently).

Another example: 
Ta2A9TV

Platform: Wacom Intuos 4.0 Medium | Wacom Drivers 6.3.38-2 | Wintab TXT Fix = Active | Windows 10 
Solution/Workaround: 
None found - requesting hotfix.

21.1.0 Currently Unsable because of this bug - too dangerous to trust with professional workflow.

Warning: Back up workspace, preferences, toolbars, etc. before rolling back to a previous version.

Adobe conveniently erases everything in a rollback. SMH

Rant: End-users are not beta testers.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm, same thing is happening for me with version 21.1.0.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HEllo, there's been several threads on the topic, please post here: 

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/ps-21-1-every-drawing-action-snaps-to-upper-l...

please report your OS if you use a tablet, with the wintab fix or not.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Linked and Updated

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify: this happens when using a Wacom tablet ONLY? Can you reproduce with trackpad and/or nouse input?

WM

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Errors occured while using a tablet. I wasn't able to test on a mouse since that's not my normal workflow.

Unfortunately I'm not able to test further because I've already rolled back to a previous version - couldn't risk harming client work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines