• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Extensions missing after updating to Photoshop 22.3

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing the latest update of PS all my 3rd party plugins are gone. I was trying to reinstall them, but still, they're not appearing in the program. The only thing that's still working is Raya Pro, but it's installed with the Creative Cloud plugins section. 

Does anyone have any idea how to recover the "old" plugins that suppose to be visible under the "window" menu? I was trying to reinstall the plugins, both with a script and manually ad it doesn't help. Maybe there's some different folder now where I should put the extensions that I'm not aware of?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

-> Filters work when working on an image until you load an image they are gray. I think the problem is the one discovered by Piotrek, old extensions cannot be enabled in preferences and plugins. We hope for future updates. Maybe Adobe could warn

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Hi All,

We're sorry that some old Extensions are missing for you after updating to Photoshop v22.3

Please note that Extensions are not supported for Mac computer using the M1 processor. Please try and find plugins with the same functionality or contact the extension owner to get your extensions ported to UXP to run as native on M1 devices.

You can still use the older extensions in emulation mode if needed. However, you would need to install the extension while running in Rosetta emulatio

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, running as Roseta, brough back the plugins to the Filters menu. Let's wait for Adobe to fix it in the next update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much! A rather shocking oversight on Adobe's part not to mention this in the release notes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to v22.3.0 today. Eager to try it on the M1 Mac Mini.

Non of my extensions are visible anymore. I've reinstalled them but to no avail. 

Window->Extensions no longer exists as a menu item.

One of my extensions says to ensure that Preferences->Plugins->Load Extension Panels is enabled by my are greyed out so can not enable them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess there are plenty of us. Eager to install the native m1 version and ... suddenly none of th epreviously used plugins works.

The question is: will adobe allow for these plugins to be loaded in the future or is there a fundamental incompatibility with the M1 version photoshop that new completely new codes for the plugin ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The question is: will adobe allow for these plugins to be loaded in the future or is there a fundamental incompatibility with the M1 version photoshop that imposes completely new codes for the plugin ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may help

How to run Photoshop 22.3 using Rosetta emulation
  1. Open Finder and navigate to /Applications/Adobe Photoshop 2021.
  2. Right-click on the Adobe Photoshop 2021 application and select 'Get Info'
  3. In the 'General' section, if the "Kind" label says "Application (Universal)", there will be an "Open using Rosetta" option below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well installed Beautify and Retouch Pro with my Mac Studio M1 Ultra and no go... clicked on Rosetta to open and both did! Sigh.... I contacted the company ... if they answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is absurd, losing software because of this.. how adobe dont prevent this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, nothing to fix. This happens each time there is a new kind of chip (like PowerPC to Intel, Intel to M1). You have to buy all again, it's part of the Joy Of Mac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just Made a video about this...
(because reading is so last year 😂)

FIXING PLUGINS on PS2022 with the Apple M1 mac (Via reverting to Rosetta version)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines